National Seminar on Consumer Protection: Issues and Challenges
The Centre of Excellence on Consumer Laws, IFIM Law College, Bangalore is going to organize the one day National Seminar on Consumer Protection: Issues and Challenges.
Date: 17th March, 2018
Theme of the Seminar: Consumer Protection: Issue and Challenges
- Consumer Protection in India: Issues and Challenges
- Consumer Protection and Service Sector
- Consumer Education and Consumer Movement: The Role of Civil Groups
- Mediation and Consumer Protection
- E- Consumerism: Problems and Perspectives
- Misleading Advertisements
Call for Papers:
Research Papers are invited from the academicians, practitioners, research scholars and students on the topics related to the above theme. The authors will have to submit an abstract of their research paper before the deadline. The selected abstracts need to be stretched further for completing them as full-fledged research papers to be submitted on or before the date mentioned.
The Authors shall present their Papers on the day of the Seminar.
Note: Certificates will be awarded only for the participants who have presented their Papers. Three Best Papers will be selected and uploaded in the college website.
- The submission is open to all students registered in Graduate / Post Graduate course in any Institution / College / University, Academicians, Practitioners, Research Scholars.
- Co-authorship is permitted. There can be maximum two co-authors for one paper.
- An abstract should be written at the beginning, explaining the purpose of the paper.
- The main body of the manuscript should be in font Times New Roman with font size 12 pt, 1.5 line spacing and footnotes in font Times New Roman with font size 10 pt, 1.0 line spacing. All headings must have uniform formatting.
- Text and footnotes should conform to The Bluebook: A Uniform System of Citation (20th Edition, 2015)
- The first page of the manuscript should only contain the name of the paper followed by a 250 word abstract. The main body of the manuscript must begin from the second page onwards. The abstract should have the name, designation, email and workplace address of the participant.
- The word limit, including footnotes, should not exceed 3500 words. Endnotes are not accepted.
- Submissions should be made in MS Word format.
- The soft copy of both the abstract and research paper should be submitted.
- The papers selected by the Review Committee are allowed for paper presentation.
- Student: Rs. 500/-
- Teacher: Rs. 1000/-
- Co-author*: Rs. 1500/-
*Co Authors shall not be more than two for a research paper.
Note: Accommodation and TA/DA will not be provided to the participants. In case someone wants assistance with regard to accommodation arrangements, they can contact us. Accommodation charge shall be borne by the participants.
Soft copy and reference number of the payment details shall be forwarded to the following email address: email@example.com
Last date for Registration:
15th January, 2018
Abstract Submission (soft copy):
29th January, 2018
Intimation of Acceptance of Abstract:
5th February, 2018
Full paper Submission (soft copy):
28th February, 2018
17th March, 2018
Ms. Shivani Dutta
Mr. Jambey Tsering
Mr. Suyash Singh Rathore
IFIM Law College
Opp. Infosys Campus Gate # 4
# 8P & 9P, KIADB Industrial Area
Electronics City 1st Phase
Bangalore - 560100
Download Notification, Brochure, Registration Form