Conference on 'Rethinking on Criminal Justice Administration in India'
Jus Dicere is pleased to announce its annual conference, entitled: 'Rethinking on Criminal Justice Administration in India'. The Conference is organized in collaboration with the Punjab School of Law, Punjabi University, Patiala.
Date: 25th November, 2017
Venue: Punjab School of Law, Punjabi University, Patiala
The Present age in academics and research may be best expressed as the age or interdisciplinary studies and therefore, be it teaching or research, an isolated approach is simply unthinkable. It is becoming very challenging to prevent crime and maintain timely justice. Crime and Society are closely interrelated and criminal justice of any society totally depends on the efficient working of Judicial System. Another important essence of criminal law is victimisation and providing timely justice. Therefore, it is important issue for eminent scholars, academicians, practitioners, lawyers, students and expert of related faculty to come forward and contribute their scholarly work.
The objective of the Seminar is to drag attention towards such aspects of Criminal Law through a research based platform and providing means for melioration.
- Constitution & Criminal Justice Administration
- Reviewing Justice for Victims of crime against women: is more law the answer
- Efficacy of Courts under present Criminal Justice Administration
- Quandary of Victims in Criminal Justice System
- Balancing of Rights Principle in Criminal Justice Administration
- Commutation of Death Penalty and Death Row Phenomenon
Call for Abstracts:
We seek proposal in the form of Abstracts from all eminent scholar, academicians, practitioners, lawyers and student to contribute in the conference. Abstract should not mere address the issue but also conceptualise views and arguments of the Author on current scenario.
The Abstract must expressly include the novelty and usefulness of the idea that the Author wishes to put forth and must categorically mention the specific contribution of the article, beyond the existing available literature, and the practical utility of his/her recommendations.
We welcome submission which has direct linkage with the conference's central theme, Author may choose any sub-theme which have linkage with the conference's theme. We appreciate participation from research scholars and academicians of other discipline. We welcome submissions from student, scholars, researchers, professionals of all discipline. However, we welcome submission with philosophical reflection, but these submission should be focused on India and not comparative.
If you wish to contribute, kindly submit your proposal-cum-abstract of the paper or manuscript you would like to present at Conference on www.jusdicere.co.in/submission at the earliest, but not later than 15th October, 2017. If your Abstract is selected, your Final Paper must be submitted on or before 10th November, 2017 along with any Presentation Document, if you would like to use for presentation. In order to present a paper in conference participant must have to submit the following before deadline as per following guidelines:
- Each manuscript may have up to two Authors.
- All relevant sources shall be duly acknowledged as footnotes. (Use of End notes is not allowed).
- The text & citation styles must be as per 'The Bluebook: A Uniform System of Citation (19th Edition).
- Manuscript must be accompanied with an Abstract.
- Manuscript would only be considered if not exceeding 5000 words excluding footnotes.
- The manuscript must be in Times New Roman, font size 12 pt with 1.5 Line Spacing.
- Manuscript will only be considered in .doc or.docx format.
- Research Scholars: Rs. 1800/-
- Advocates/Professional: Rs. 2000/-
- Students: Rs. 1500/-
- Presentation in Absentia: Rs. 2000/-
- Participation: Rs. 800/-
- On Spot: Rs. 2000/-
Mode of payment will be mailed to registered participants.
The last date for submission of manuscripts is 15th October, 2017.
Phone: +91-8744099951, +91-8288851157
Download Notification, Brochure