National Workshop on the Law relating to Cruelty in India
Bharati Vidyapeeth Deemed University New Law College, Pune is going to organize a National Workshop on "The Law Relating to Cruelty in India"
Date: 26th September, 2017
About the Workshop:
Marriages are made in heaven and solemnized on earth. Thinking, knowing, speaking, learning, hearing, expressing and sharing life together with the joy is what defines us as humans. However, due to drastic transformation of individual and family lives, when thinking, knowing, speaking, and expressing, may tragically turn into 'Cruelty' remains just a matter of time. The laws in India to combat the issues pertaining to 'Cruelty' are plenty but its implementation remains poor.
Thus, in order to address the various questions concerning the cruelty laws, Bharati Vidyapeeth Deemed University New Law College, Pune has decided to host a workshop on 'The Laws Relating to Cruelty in India'.
- The Conceptual Frameworks relating to Cruelty laws in India
- Meaning, nature, scope and problems of defining - cruelty
- Section 498-A: Tool for Empowerment or Harassment?
- Novel Role of the Supreme Court
- The Law Commissions' Recommendations
- Power in the hands of Police Personal: Scope of protection and chances of Abuse
- Extra-Marital Affair: Cruelty or Infidelity?
- Role of Marriage Counselors / Mediators / Negotiators
- Settlement of Marital Disputes / Compromise etc.
Who can Attend?
Academic scholars, lawyers and teachers belonging to Law and Social Sciences including students of UG, PG and students who are doing Research Fellowship, Industry related fellowship etc.
Bharati Law Review: Call for Research Papers
The Editorial Board of Bharati Law Review (BLR) invites the academicians, law students, lawyers, judges, jurists, legal analysts and other eminent scholars in the field of law to contribute Research Papers, Case Analysis etc to Bharati Law Review's Special Issue titled as "The Laws relating to Cruelty in India". The quality Research Papers in this Issue will highlight the problems and prospects Cruelty laws in India.
The Bharati Law Review would accept submission in the form of:
- Articles: 5,000 to 8,000 words
- Essays: 3,000 to 5,000 words
- Case Comments & Legislative Briefs: 1,500 to 2,500 words
- Other Recent Legal Developments: 1,500 to 2,500 words
The above mentioned word-limits is inclusive of footnotes.
- Students of Other Institutions: INR. 800/-
- Faculty: INR 1500/-
- Paper Presentations in Absentia: INR 2000/-
- Professionals and Others: INR 2500/-
The Demand Draft should be drawn in favor of "The Principal, New Law College, Pune", payable at Pune. The Author can submit the soft copy of the manuscript in M.S. Word as per the Bluebook 19th Edition Format to: firstname.lastname@example.org or /email@example.com.
The last date for submission of complete research papers is 24th September, 2017.
Prof. Aman Mishra
Bharati Vidyapeeth Deemed University,
New Law College, Pune
Prof. Mukund Sarda
Dean & Principal,
Bharati Vidyapeeth Deemed University
New Law College, Pune