Journal for Legal & Management Research (Volume 1, Issue 1): Call for Papers
Journal for Legal and Management Research is a scholarly peer-reviewed, inter-disciplinary Journal. Conversely lawyers who advise corporate management must have an awareness of the business implications of their legal advice. Legal and Management studies equips students for success, whether they aspire for leadership in business or for legal expertise.
The Journal seeks to commit to the growth and evolution of legal and management research including Competition laws, IPR, Mergers and Acquisitions, Corporate Laws, CSR, Taxation Laws, Litigation and Business Management.
Journal of Legal and Management Research invites contribution from the students, teachers, scholars and professionals for its Volume1, Issue 1.
The editorial board will consider any paper for publication which deals with Legal Research or Management Research.
Papers may be submitted under the following categories:
- Long Articles: Between 5000 and 8000 words, inclusive of footnotes. Papers in this category are expected to engage with the theme and literature comprehensively, and offer an innovative reassessment of the current understanding of that theme. It is advisable, though not necessary, to choose a theme that is of contemporary importance. Purely theoretical pieces are also welcome.
- Short Articles: Between 3000 and 5000 words, inclusive of footnotes. Short Articles are far more concise in scope. These papers usually deal with a very specific issue, and argue that the issue must be conceptualized differently. They are more engaging, and make a more easily identifiable, concrete argument.
- Case Notes and Legislative Comments: Between 1500 and 2500 words, inclusive of footnotes. This is an analysis of any contemporary judicial pronouncement or a new piece of legislation whether in India or elsewhere. The note must identify and examine the line of cases in which the decision in question came about, and comment on implications for the evolution of that branch of law. In case of legislative comment the note must analyse the objective of the legislation and the legal impact the same is expected to have.
Authors are requested to note that pieces engaging with a foreign theme or legal development, in any of the above categories, should also explain its relevance in the Indian context, whether by virtue of similar laws or otherwise.
- The submission shall be accompanied by an Abstract of not more than 300 words along with five relevant key words.
- All submissions must be sent to email@example.com and must be attached with a covering letter mentioning the name of the Author, occupation, title of the submission, mobile phone number and contact address, for future reference.
- All submissions should be in 1.5 line spacing, font size 12 pt (for text) and 14 pt (for heading) and should follow the Times New Roman style. The method of citation which is expected to be followed is the Harvard Bluebook 19th Edition.
All submissions must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
The last date for submission has been extended to 21st October, 2017.
A confirmation mail will be sent by 10th October, 2017 to the Authors whose work has been shortlisted for publication. If the work of the Author has been shortlisted for publication, he/she will be required to make the following payments:
- Single Authored article: INR 800/-
- Co-authored article: INR 1500/-
Co-authorship of maximum two members is allowed. The Authors will receive duly signed "Certificate for Publication". In case of Co-authored article, both the Authors will receive the duly signed "Certificate for Publication".
Journal for Legal & Management Research