"Ex Cathedra" - The Arbitration Weekends
Centre for Advanced Research in Dispute Settlement (CARDS) which runs under the auspices of Damodaram Sanjivayya National Law University, Vizag, is conducting the second edition of "Arbitration Weekends" in collaboration with Shardul Amarchand & Mangaldas, Economic Law Practices and supported by Mumbai Centre for International Arbitration (MCIA). This event comprises of Call for Papers, Workshop & Seminar.
Date: 22nd - 24th September, 2017
Venue: Damodaram Sanjivayya National Law University, Vizag
The three-day event is tentatively scheduled as below:
22nd September, 2017
Basics of Arbitration, Workshop on Drafting of Arbitration Clause and Lectures
23rd September, 2017
Seminar on 'Time & Costs in Arbitration'
24th September, 2017
Paper Presentation & Lectures on Contemporary Issues in Arbitration
- Undergraduate and Postgraduate Students: Rs 6000/- (Inclusive of 3 days accommodation)
- DSNLU Students: Rs. 3000/-
- Academia / Practioners: Rs. 5000/-
Registration charge includes Course Kit, Study Material, Breakfast, Lunches and Gala Night Dinner.
The account details for deposit of fee shall be shared once the registration for the course is complete and has been approved by the organizers. The fee has to be paid within one week from the date of confirmation. Fees once paid shall not be refunded.
Call for Papers:
- Commercial Arbitration
- Investment Arbitration
- Sports Arbitration
We accept submissions under the following category:
- Articles: 3000 - 4000 words
- Research Paper: 5000 - 7000 words
- Short Note & Case Comment: 1500 - 2500 words
- Book Review: 3000 - 5000 words
The word limit is exclusive of footnotes. We welcome submissions from Students, Academicians, and Researchers & Legal Practitioners, to come up with their contributions.
- All submissions should be accompanied by an Abstract of about 200 words outlining the central argument(s) of the paper.
- Authors shall declare that the papers submitted for publication do not infringe the copyright of any other person. Except agreed otherwise, the copyright of the Articles published shall vest with DSNLU, viz. the organizer. However, the organizers shall not be liable for any copyright infringement by the Authors.
- In order to facilitate anonymity, Authors must mention their names, contact details and affiliations only on the cover page of the manuscript.
- Plagiarism will result in the summary rejection of the submission.
- Co-authorship is allowed to a maximum of two Authors.
- All submissions must follow the Harvard Bluebook (19th Edition) method of citation.
- Submissions must be in Times New Roman; font size 12 pt (main text) & line-spacing of main text should be 1.5, 1 inch margin space on both sides and justified.
- All footnotes must be in Times New Roman, font size 10 pt, single spacing and justified.
- Submissions must be made in. doc / .docx / .odt format.
- Charts / Tables: These should be made a part of the main text itself.
- Name of the Author underneath the title of the submission in italics, 12 pt, Times New Roman. Name and other details of the Author should not appear anywhere else in the paper.
- Page numbering should be in the middle of the page.
- Quotations from primary sources: In italics, within inverted commas and duly acknowledged in the footnotes.
Note: All submissions will go through a rigorous review process and possible editing by the Editorial Board. The editorial board reserves the right to reject any final paper even after the submission and selection.
The last date of submission of paper along with Abstracts is 8th September, 2017. Selection shall be made on a rolling basis.
Ms. Roselin Sara Alex