Journal of Indian Law & International Relations (Volume I, Issue I): Call for Papers
The Journal of Indian Law & International Relations is the student run journal established with the objective of promoting academic research and fostering debate on contemporary legal issues in India. It is a blind peer reviewed journal focusing on an inter-disciplinary approach towards legal writing. The ambit of the Journal is broad and not restricted to any particular field of law, and includes legal as well as policy related contemporary issues, both national and international.
Nature of Submission:
The Journal of Indian Law & International Relations invites original, unpublished manuscripts from academicians, judges, and legal professionals from India and abroad, under the following categories:
- Articles / Essay: This category is designed to comprehensively deal with and provide a sustained analysis of a particular legal topic in toto. It must analyze the current practices in the field and identify lacunae therein along with suggesting solutions to the problem. The word limit is 3000 to 5000 words.
- Notes / Case Commentaries: An important feature of the journal is the 'Notes and Comments' section. A note is a concise argument focusing on any recent legal controversy or debate. A comment is limited to critical appraisal of a recent judicial decisions, new legislation (enacted or proposed), or policy reform proposals. Short notes should be accompanied by an Abstract not exceeding 200 words. No Abstract is required for Case Comments / Legislative Reviews. The word limit is 2000 to 3000 words.
- Book Reviews: This section includes the review of any scholarly work recently published in the field of law. No Abstract is required for the purpose of book review. The word limit is 1500 to 2000 words.
- General Instructions: Co-Authorship is permitted to the maximum of two persons. All works must be original and unpublished, and not pending for review before any other journal. Any form of plagiarism will lead to rejection of the manuscript submitted for publication in the journal. Submissions that exceed the word limit will not be accepted.
- Format: In order to ensure transparency in the blind review process, the name of the Author or Institutional affiliation must not be mentioned anywhere in the manuscript. The main body of the manuscript should be in Times New Roman, font size 12 pt, with 1.5 line spacing. Footnotes should be in Times New Roman font size 10 pt, with 1.0 line spacing. All headings must have uniform formatting. Text and footnotes should conform to Bluebook 19th Edition Rule of Footnoting. Submissions with endnotes will be rejected. The first page of the manuscript should only contain the name of the paper followed by a 200 word Abstract, and the main body of the manuscript must begin immediately thereafter.
- Submission through Email: All submissions must be mailed in Word format ('.doc' or '.docx') as an attachment to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject 'Manuscript Submission for Volume I, Issue I'. Manuscripts submitted in PDF / other formats / hard copy will not be accepted. The body of the email must mention the name of the Author(s), contact number, academic qualifications, institutional affiliation, title of the paper, and a declaration to the affect that the manuscript is an original and previously unpublished work of the Author.
The publication charges are for both Online and Hard copies of the Journal.
- Indian Authors:
- Single Author: Rs. 1000/-
- Co Author: Rs. 1500/-
- Foreign Authors:
- Single Author: US $30
- Co- Author: US $50
The last date for submission of manuscripts is 20th June, 2017 (11:59 P.M. IST)
Mr. Anuraag Mitra
Editor in Chief
Mr. Prakhar Khanna
Journal of Indian Law & International Relations
Flat No.6, Satyam Apartment,
Nanda ki chowki, Kolhupani,
Dehradun - 248007