6th National Summit on Mergers and Acquisitions: Issues and Challenges for Economic Growth
The Associated Chambers of Commerce and Industry of India (ASSOCHAM) is going to organize the 6th National Summit on Mergers and Acquisitions: Issues and Challenges for Economic Growth.
Date: 15th July, 2017
Venue: Hotel Le-Meridien, Desire Hall, Windsor Place, New Delhi
About the Summit:7
In today's global business era, the Merger and Acquisition strategy is the most favored agile for shape up of downturn or debt-ridden businesses under pressure of lenders. Yet, the growth trajectory of transactions under contemplation, such as - acquisition, disposition, merger, joint venture, IPO, restructuring etc. hinges on deal expertise for optimization of cash flows and tax obligations. Also, M & A deals are impacted by various internal and external factors governing transactions including the national and international state of laws and regulations, etc.
The Companies Act 2013, Introduction of NCLT and recent most The Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code, 2016 are paradigm change and welcome overhaul of the existing framework for several M & A transactions in India. However, there are key issues and challenges encountered on the way to accelerate M & A deals of the corporates in India which are of utmost need to be addressed on priority basis.
Who Should Attend:
- M & A Heads & Team members
- Legal Heads
- Financial Heads
- Banks, FIs & FII
- Merchant Bankers & Investment Bankers
- In-House Counsel
- Fund Managers
- Strategy Planners
- Regulatory and Compliance Officers
- Practicing Lawyers
- Investment Bankers
- Venture Capitalists
Key Discussion Topics:
- Companies Act, 2013 - a game changer for Mergers and Acquisitionss
- Legislative Changess
- Regulatory Changess
- Conceptual Changess
- Role of NCLT in M & Ass
- Transfer of Cases from High Courts to NCLT - Transitional Provisionss
- Impact of Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code on M & A Transactionss
- Role of SEBI, Stock Exchanges and recent decisions impacting M & Ass
- Stamp Duty Implications in M & As and recent developments
- Revised method of calculation of thresholds for Merger Control and extended target exemption to Mergers and Amalgamationss
- Outbound & Inbound Mergers
- 9:00 am - 10:00 am (Pre-registration is compulsory)
- Participation fee of Rs. 5,000/- per delegate (Inclusive of Service Tax)
- Fee once paid is non-refundable, although change of nomination is allowed.
- Cancellation of the nomination should be done 4 days in advance of the event. If advance intimation is not made for the same, registration fee is applicable and will be paid by the company or individual.
- The registration fee includes lunch, refreshments.
- Prior registration is essential. Please fax/courier/email the registration form at the earliest.
Mr. Jatin Kochar
Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
Mr. Rakesh Shukla
Phone: +11-46550540 / 9871600922
The Associated Chambers of Commerce and Industry of India
5, Sardar Patel Marg, Chanakyapuri,