One Day National Workshop on 'Basic Legal Drafting & Research'
Legal Desire is going to organize a One Day National Workshop on 'Basic Legal Drafting & Research'
Date: 28th May, 2017
Venue: Indian International Centre, 40 Max Mueller Marg, New Delhi
Aim of the Workshop:
This workshop aims to help law students & professionals with Legal Drafting & Research skills. The workshop will not only incorporate the top notch heads of document drafting in the legal field but will also take into account, each and every minor aspect of the same. This workshop is intended for ones wishing to improve their ability to write sharp, clear prose, to edit their own and others' writing, and to become more proficient and efficient at composing and organizing written documents.
The ultimate goal of the workshop is to get you ready to undertake the writing tasks demanded of lawyers.
- Study Material
- PowerPoint Presentations
- Q & A Support
- Sample Legal Docs and Formats
Certificate of Accomplishment:
The delegates will be provided with a Certificate of Accomplishment.
- Session 1: Legal Drafting
- Introduction to Legal Drafting & Key Concepts necessary for Drafting
- Drafting of Complaint
- Drafting of Plaint
- Drafting of Written Statement
- Drafting of Writ Petitions
- Session 2: Memorial Making
- Drafting and Marshaling of Facts
- Classification of Case Laws according to the Facts
- Framing up of Issues and Arguments
- Detailing the Contentions
- Drafting of a Memorial on the Given Case
- Session 3: Legal Research
- Study on the Blue Book Method of Citation
- Framing of the Legal Article or Research paper (Framing up of the Executive Summary, Methodology, Research Hypothesis, Recommendation, Implementation Strategy)
- Writing of a Research Paper
- Students: Rs.1000/-
- Professionals: Rs.1500/-
Fees includes access to all the session, lunch, registration kit and certificate
Those who require accommodation have a choice to book any hotel by their own. Those facing difficulty in booking accommodation can contact the convenors for providing accommodation at Rs.1200/- per day on twin sharing or Rs.1800/- for Single Occupancy.
Mr. Ankit Gupta
Ms. Shreya Gupta
Mr. Pulkit Advani
Ms. Gunjan Bhagchandani