International Journal of Legal Research & Governance (Volume 4, Issue 1): Call for Papers
International Journal of Legal Research and Governance (ISSN: 2394-7829) is a quarterly double blind peer review academic journal, published in print, that seeks to provide an interactive forum for the publication of articles in the field of Law and Governance. The Journal is currently soliciting submissions for its Volume 4, Issue 1.
We look forward for submissions from members of the Bar, Bench and the Academia. Submissions can be in the form of long articles, short articles, case comments, legislative notes and book reviews.
Nature of Contributions:
- Articles: An article must conduct a complete analysis of the area of law, which the author seeks to highlight. It must contain a comprehensive study of the existing law, indicating the lacunae therein, and must contain an attempt to suggest possible changes which can address the said lacunae. An article should be between 4,000 - 5,000 words.
- Essays: An essay is more adventurous as it challenges existing paradigms / norms and provides a fresh outlook to common problems. It is strongly recommended that essays be considerably more concise than articles, in terms of scope and conceptualization. An essay is thus advised to be between 3,000 - 5,000 words.
- Notes: A note is a relatively concise form of an argument advanced by the Author. The focus of a note should be on a relatively new debate or controversy regarding the interpretation or implementation in the law. Notes shall primarily highlight contemporary issues, which need to be addressed, and the authors are expected to offer a solution. The maximum word limit for a manuscript in the form of note is 2,500 words.
- Comments: A comment is where the Author may decide to critique any recent / landmark judicial pronouncement or any recent legislation or bill before the Parliament or State Legislature. The word limit for a comment is 2,500 words.
The manuscript must be accompanied with an Abstract of not more than 200 words.
- All submitted manuscripts shall be original. Any form of plagiarism would lead to immediate rejection of the submission.
- Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously.
- The Author(s) must inform the Editorial Board if the manuscript has also been submitted to another journal, website or forum.
- Formatting specifications: The manuscript must be in Times New Roman, font size 12 pt with 1.5 Line Spacing.
- Citations and References:
- All relevant sources shall be duly acknowledged as footnotes.
- The text and citation styles shall conform to the rules prescribed in The Bluebook: A Uniform System of Citation (19th Edition).
- All correspondence must be via e-mail, and should be addressed to the Publishing Editor at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Each manuscript may have up to two Authors.
- In case of joint authorship, the author from whom a submission is solicited by the Editorial Board shall intimate the Board of the name, credentials and contact details of the intended co-author.
- The Author/s are required to email the manuscript to email@example.com
- The manuscript may be mailed in '.doc' or '.docx' format.
- The mail must be addressed to the 'Board of Editors' providing the name of the Author/s with the name of the Institution affiliated to and the contact details in the body of the mail.
- A mail confirming the receipt of the manuscript and subsequently its acceptance for publication would be duly conveyed to the Author/s through the email id used by the Author/s for correspondence.
The last date for submission of manuscripts is 25th April, 2017.
Mr. Aditya Mishra
International Journal of Legal Research and Governance
F-372, Delta- 1,
Greater Noida, Uttar Pradesh