CNLU Law Journal (Vol. VII): Call for Papers
With great delight and enthusiasm, we bring to you CNLU Law Journal, a literary endeavour of Chanakya National Law University, Patna. It seeks to provide a forum for the legal fraternity to address diverse issues in the field of law. It encourages writings that cut across disciplines such as Sociology, Political Science, Public Policy and Economics in the context of Law, thereby reflecting the dynamics of law.
It is an annual journal consisting of articles, notes, comments and book reviews and exhorts legal luminaries, scholars, academicians, jurists and law students to apply their knowledge and prowess towards the creation of substantive, thought-provoking, informative, inspiring and educational works that have significant social overtones and universal appeal.
CNLU Law Journal invites contributions under the following categories:
- Articles: The article should be a comprehensive review of current / contemporary relevant legal issue(s) / question(s) that need to be analysed and presented. It must be clear on the topic dwelt upon and lucidly presented without any ambiguity. The author's stand on the issue(s) should be expressed with clarity. The article should aim at understanding the issue(s) of current / contemporary legal importance. The word limit for the submission is 4000 - 8000 words, exclusive of footnotes and Abstract.
- Book Review: The books that are reviewed should be concerned with legal issue(s). The review must be critical analysis of the main issue(s) and the Author's view point of the issue(s). The word limit for the submission is 2000 - 4000 words.
- Notes and Comments: Notes and Comments may include a brief analysis of a recent judicial pronouncement, legislation, book or any legal issue of relevance. The word limit for the submission is 2000 - 4000 words, exclusive of footnotes and Abstract.
- All submissions must be accompanied by a cover letter stating the title, author's full name, university and year of study and the author's contact details. Only the cover letter should contain the above mentioned details and not the manuscript.
- Submissions must be in MS Word (.doc) and (.pdf) format, The Main Text should be in font Times New Roman, font size 12 pt, double spacing, justified alignment, with a margin of one inch on all the sides. The footnotes should be in font Times New Roman, font size 10 pt. Substantive foot notes are accepted. Speaking footnotes should be avoided.
- The Bluebook: A Uniform Method of Citation, 19th Edition should be strictly adhered to.
- Both single-authored and co-authored (a maximum of two authors) entries will be accepted.
- All the entries should be accompanied with an Abstract which should be of 250 - 300 words for each submission. The submission must include the Author(s)' name and College / Institution as a footnote.
- Specifically, in context of a Book Review, the submission should include relevant information like the title of the book reviewed, names of the Author(s) / Editor(s), publication information (name, place and year of publication), total no. of pages, etc.
The last date for submission of manuscripts is 31st March, 2017.
Editorial Board, CNLU Law Journal,
Chanakya National Law University
Nyaya Nagar, Mithapur,
Patna - 800001