National Conference on Criminal Justice Administration in India: Contemporary Issues & Challenges
NorthCap University is going to organize the National Conference on "Criminal Justice Administration in India: Contemporary Issues & Challenges".
Date: 8th April, 2017
Theme of the Conference:
The focus of the conference is to assess the functioning of the crucial components of criminal justice administration i.e. law enforcement agencies, prosecution, judiciary and corrections including the challenges involved in the administration of justice in India with an effort to evolve strategies for a more effective mechanism for better administration.
- Criminal Justice and Constitutional guarantees
- Principles of Fair Trial
- Plight of victims in Criminal Justice System
- Commutation of Death Penalty and death row phenomenon
- Police Reforms initiatives
- Criminal investigation: Challenges for law enforcement agencies
- Cyber Crime investigation - issues
- Role of Forensic Science in Criminal Justice Administration
- Prosecution and Defence in Criminal Justice system
- Inherent jurisdiction of High Court
- Appreciation of evidence
- Efficiency of courts and criminal justice process
- Prison Reforms in India - Challenges
- Juvenile Delinquency and the new legal regime on Juvenile Justice
Note: Seminars and Conferences at NCU Law School are not intended to provide a stage for discussing overview / introduction / fundamentals of law.
Issues discussed herein are to be treated and addressed as 'Research Topics' leading to intellectual discussion and debate. Papers are required to evidence the author's sound understanding of criminal justice system. Hence, papers whose contents are substantially generic in nature are likely to be summarily rejected during the course of reviewing.
Call for Papers:
Research papers are invited from Scholars, Researchers, Practitioners, Academicians and Students on issues related to the above theme. Authors of selected papers will be given an opportunity to present their papers in the conference. Joint authorship is permitted, subject to a maximum of two co-authors.
On approval through a peer-reviewing process, the best papers shall be published in a book with ISBN.
A brief profile of the author indicating his/her designation, email ID, contact number and address has to be sent along with the Abstract (250 - 300 words) of the paper to the Organizing Committee. The Full Length Paper should not exceed 6000 words excluding footnotes. It should be typed in Times New Roman, font size 12 pt with 1.5" line spacing and font size 10 pt for the footnotes on A4 size paper with 1" margin on all sides using MS Word. Use of Blue Book style of referencing and footnote is encouraged.
- Abstracts have to be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- After acceptance of the Abstract, the full paper should also be sent to the same email id.
- Students: Rs. 1000/- for single Author (additionally Rs 500/- for co-author, if any)
- Academicians, Lawyers and Others: Rs. 1500/- per participant.(additionally Rs. 500/- for co-author, if any)
Registration Fee can be paid via Demand Draft in favour of "The NorthCap University" payable at "Gurugram". Complete Research paper along with Demand Draft and Registration Form must reach the undersigned on or before 3rd April, 2017.
Ms. Archana Sarma
Assistant Professor, School of Law
Room no. 327, The NorthCap University
Sector 23-A, Gurugram -122017
All the participants will be provided with certificate of participation. Detailed Schedule of the Conference will be circulated soon. Due to budgetary constraints, no TA/DA shall be provided. Accommodation for outstation participants can be arranged with additional cost on request in writing.
Deadline of Abstract Submission:
15th March, 2017
Notification of Acceptance:
18th March, 2017
Deadline of Full Paper Submission:
31st March, 2017
Last Date for receiving of Demand Draft :
25th March, 2017
8th April, 2017
Ms. Archana Sarma
Dr. Praveen Kumar Lohchab
Mr. Subhradipta Sarkar
Mr. Bilal Ahmad
Ms. Unanza Gulzar
Mr. Ankush Chattopadhyay
Ms. Tashi Vaish
Mr. Brijesh Ladwal
Ms. Geetam Jangra