Short Term Course on "Creating an Intellectual Property Cell at the Premises of an Indian Entity"
Gujarat National Law University is going to conduct a Short Term Course on "Creating an Intellectual Property Cell at the Premises of an Indian Entity".
Date: 15th - 25th February, 2017
Venue: GNLU Campus (Classes will be conducted from 03:00 PM to 05:00 P.M.)
Indian entities comprise of Indian academia and the Indian industries that work with lot of legal / IP risks and therefore likely to face audit and vigilance investigations besides litigations that can be very costly for them. Indian entities will therefore be required to practice right IP practices. It doesn't occur to them that because of their poor IP awareness levels, they should take the help of IP professionals.
Indian IP firms are barred under Advocates Act to provide details about their skills on their websites. There is a role of IP professionals to educate the Indian entities as the responsibility of selecting IP / law firms as service providers ultimately lies on them.
Indian entities have huge responsibilities to create technologies in their laboratories to develop products and processes that can find takers in the global market. However, in absence of suitable IP awareness, the intricacies in developing novel, non-obvious and industrially useful products and processes is seldom understood. Identifying research directions, potential licensees, competitors and technology infringers is much beyond their comprehension. Indian entities are often accused as copycats. They do not realize that they need real help from the IP professionals. Technology management through Intellectual Property Rights is a key issue that needs to be addressed.
- Enhancing the awareness levels of Indian entities as well as Indian IP firms regarding the needs and expectations in technology development
- Sensitizing the Indian entities and Indian IP firms about the IP threats
- Highlighting the pitfalls in the IP practices at Indian entities / IP firms
- Strategy for selection of legal / IP firms as service providers
- Strategy for capacity building by Indian entities / IP firms
- Undergraduate and postgraduate Students of Law
- Legal Practitioners
- Social Activists
- Indian IP firms
- IP teachers / trainers
- Government Officials and all others interested in the theme of the course
- Introduction to IP.
- Technology Management through Intellectual Property Rights.
- Firming up the Scope of Work, Preparing Estimates, Inviting Global Expression of Interest, Empanelment of IP Firms.
- Short listing of IP Firms, Tendering amongst shortlisted firms, Selection of IP firms, Binding the IP firms through MOU.
- Creating IP ambience in the organization, Reward Scheme, Employing IP professionals and their orientation.
There would be continuous evaluation through assignments, group discussions and paper presentations.
- GNLU Student: INR 2000/-
- Other Student: INR 3000/-
- Professionals & Academicians: INR 5000/-
Participation fees Includes reference material, certificate of participation. Accommodation will be provided on payment / request basis.
How to Apply:
- GNLU Students: Pay Registration fees to the GNLU account department
- Other Participants: Electronic transfer in Gujarat National Law University Bank Account
- Send the Receipt (GNLU Participants) / Unique Transaction Reference Number, Date of Transaction and Name of Bank (Other Participants) of successful payment along with the duly filled scan copy of registration form to email@example.com on or before 13th February, 2017 (or till seats are available).
Last date for Registration and Payment of Fees:
13th February, 2017
Commencement of Course:
15th February, 2017
Dr. Saira Gori
Assistant Professor Law, GNLU
Phone: +91 8128650867
Ms. Heena Goswami
Asst. Prof. Science & Technology, GNLU
Mr. Shashi Bhushan Sharma
Teaching & Research Associate (Law)
Phone: +91 81286 50840
Gujarat National Law University
"Attalika Avenue", Knowledge Corridor,
Koba, Gandhinagar - 382007
Download Brochure, Registration Form