LexQuest 3rd National Essay Writing Competition, 2017
After successfully organizing the LexQuest 1st and 2nd National Essay Writing Competitions, 2014 and 2015 respectively, we proudly bring to you the LexQuest 3rd National Essay Writing Competition, 2017. One of the most diverse, populous and underdeveloped regions of the world, South Asia, constantly struggles with grotesque social and complex economic issues. The augmentation and amelioration of various civil society groups has helped in plummeting the quandary to some extent. Therefore, the topic for this year's essay writing competition is "Role of Civil Society in the Growth Story of South Asia".
We would like to invite students and professionals to express their valuable viewpoints, by participating in the competition.
Any student pursuing any undergraduate, postgraduate or professional course in any recognized University / College in India are eligible.
- The Essay must be written in English.
- Only one essay per participant may be submitted. Multiple or incomplete submissions will lead to disqualification.
- Co-authorship is not permitted.
- The essay shall not be plagiarized. Only the original essays will be considered for the competition. No part of it should have been published earlier nor should it be under consideration for publication for a contest elsewhere. Any form of plagiarism will result in disqualification of the essay. The participants will submit a separate undertaking with regard to originality of work.
- Copyright of the Essays shall rest with the organizers. Organizers hold the right to republish the essays if required.
- Identification mark (name or any mark which identifies the author) must not be found in any part of the essay.
- The Participants must submit their essay via e-mail only. Essay in MS Word format with the subject "Essay Writing Competition".
- Cover page should contain Name, Nationality, Address, E-mail ID, Contact Number and Name of the College / University of the Participant.
Length of the Essay:
- The submission shall consist of an Abstract, Essay and Bibliography.
- The Abstract should not be of more than 250 words including title and keywords.
- The length of the essay should be between 1800 to 2000 words.
- Footnotes must conform to the authoritative standard rules of citation and must include a description of each authority adequate enough to allow a reasonable reader to identify and locate the authority in a publication of general circulation.
- Font type: Times New Roman
- Font size: 12 pt
- Line Spacing: 1.5
- Page number: Top right of the page
- Footnote size: 10
Registration fee is Rs. 200/- only. Special early bird registration fee for first 30 participants is Rs. 150/- only.
Note: All queries and submissions must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org only, with the subject: "LexQuest 3rd National Essay Writing Competition, 2017".
Last date for Registration:
20th February, 2017
Last date for Submission:
2nd March, 2017