M.C. Mehta Environmental Foundation - Winter Camp
M.C. Mehta Environmental Foundation is going to organize the Winter Camp on "Environmental Justice: A Multi-Disciplinary Approach".
Date: 22nd - 27th December, 2016
Venue: Swastigram (Eco-Ashram) Thano, Dehradun, Uttarakhand
Students from recognized Law Colleges / Universities can register.
Key Features of the Course:
- Interaction with eminent experts, jurists, lawyers, government officials, environmentalists, etc.
- Field Trip to study environment related issues in Rishikesh or Haridwar and witness the Aarti Ceremony at the banks of Mother Ganga. Activities will also be conducted during field trip such as cleanliness drive, awareness drives, etc.
- Jungle Treks / Nature Walks and Birds Watching
- Resource Material on selected topics related to the Course Theme
- Yoga Sessions and Exercise
- Interaction with local villagers to understand Sustainable Living
- Cultural Evening and other fun activities, etc.
- Group Discussions / Debates or other participative events
- Special Lectures under Peepal Trees
- Fruit Trees and Rare Birds within the Campus
- Certificate of Participation made of Recycled Paper
Themes for Discussion:
- Environment and Pollution Laws: Basic Principles & Evolution
- Institutional Framework of Environmental Justice in India
- Case Laws and Current Scenario of Environmental Enforcement
- Status Quo of National and State policies protecting Flora and Fauna
- International Environmental Conventions
- Environmental and Social Impact Assessment among others
The Applicants are required to fill the form at https://goo.gl/QURDJx
The Fee is INR Rs. 11,000/- (Registration Fee: INR Rs. 2,000/- + Program Fee: INR Rs. 9,000/-)
Early Bird Discount:
- Registration on or before 27/11/2016 will attract discount of INR 1,000/- on the Program Fee.
- Group Discount: Group of 3 or more shall pay only Rs. 9,500/- per head
Note: The registration fees of INR 2,000/- is non-refundable. In case of cancellation on or after 10/12/2016, only 50% of the Program Fees will be refundable. In case of cancellation on or after 20/12/2016, no refund shall be given.
Mode of Payment:
Demand Draft in favour of "M.C. Mehta Environmental Foundation, 3 A, Ring Road, Opp. Mool Chand Metro Station, Lajpat Nagar-IV, New Delhi - 110024".
The last date for registration is 8th December, 2016 (23:59 p.m. IST).
M.C. Mehta Environmental Foundation
3A, Ring Road, Opp Mool Chand Metro Station,
Lajpat Nagar-IV, New Delhi-110024
Phone: 011- 41756519, +91-9999024687