International Seminar on "Quest towards Harmonization of Global Trade Rules"
The UNCITRAL Regional Centre for Asia and the Pacific in collaboration with School of Law, KllT University, Bhubaneswar is organizing the two day International Seminar on "Quest towards Harmonization of Global Trade Rules".
Date: 20th - 21st December, 2016
Venue: School of Law, KIlT University, Bhubaneswar, Odisha
About the Seminar:
It is an initiative towards identifying disparities in domestic legislations addressing International trade in resolving blocks in promoting liberalization of trade. The seminar will have intensive ideation sessions. The UNCITRAL Experts, practitioners / representatives, legal practitioners, students and legal professionals are welcome to participate in the event.
Formal attestation of opinions through ratification regarding unrestrained flow of goods, services including capital to a greater extent across the globe has considerably been achieved and the crystallization of what has developed the realm of WTO. However, the disparities and distortions in such global trade rules and procedures in some emerging economies require harmonization so as to bring uniformity in their implementation and to achieve more opportunities of trade and certainty in global trade regime.
UNCITRAL - the global forum for the progressive harmonization of conflicting interests have recommended some standards to achieve better global interests for its effective implementation.
This Seminar is one of the various august platforms giving space to expertise on "Quest towards Harmonization of Global Trade Rules" to review, explore and identify those provinces to conclude the balancing mechanisms for addressing the following sub-themes:
- Representation of Emerging Economies in Formation of UNCITRAL Model Laws.
- UNCITRAL: Emerging Dimensions of International Commercial Arbitration.
- Enforcement of Foreign Arbitral Awards: Searching for a Standard.
- Cross Border insolvency: Recent Developments as under UNCITRAL Model.
Well researched papers / articles / policy perspectives in any area of law / policy making on other related themes of the Seminar are also welcome
- Word Limit: Seminar Paper Submissions should not exceed 5000 words.
- Authorship: Entries can be co-authored but limited to two authors per entry.
- Citation Style: The Blue-book Uniform System of Citation (19th Edition) shall be strictly adhered to.
- Format of Main Text & Footnotes: The Times New Roman font; font size 12 pt is prescribed for all entries. Further, the footnotes shall be in font size 10 pt and line spacing of 1.5 and 1.0 shall be followed respectively.
- Mode of Submission: Entries of Seminar Papers are to be sent to the email: uncirraI2016@kls.ae.in by 30th November, 2016 (11:59 pm). No hard copy of the same is required.
The participants are required to send the soft copy of the Registration Form and the Travel Form to email@example.com by 30th November, 2016.
Registration (online only) is compulsory for all the participants and paper presenters. A non-refundable participation fee of Rs. 3000/- for Indian Nationals and US $200 for Foreign Nationals through A/C Pay or in the form of a Demand Draft, drawn in favour of KIIT and payable at Bhubaneswar. Addressing to (only by Registered Post): Mr. Aswini Patro, Faculty Convenor UNCITRAL Seminar 2016, School of Law, KIIT University, Bhubaneswar, Odisha. - 751024. Such payment should be made by on or before 30th November, 2016.
Note: No participation fee for Judicial and Government Officials.
Registrations Starts on:
1st November, 2016
Last Date of Submission of Registration Fees:
30th November, 2016
Last Date of Submission of Seminar Papers:
30th November, 2016
Last Date of Submission of Registration and Travel Form:
30th November, 2016
Mr. Chandan Mohanty
Ms. Shafali Chauhan
Mr. Aswini Patro
UNCITRAL Seminar 2016,
School of Law, KIIT University,
Patia, Bhubaneswar, Odisha
Download Notification, Brochure, Registration Form, Travel Form