Nirma University Law Journal: Call for Papers
The Journal Committee of Institute of Law, Nirma University hereby invites articles / research papers, case studies, and book reviews. It can be an inter-disciplinary study reflecting socioeconomic and political ideas or contemporary issues. The journal is a peer-reviewed ISSN serial publication from Institute of Law, Nirma University, Ahmedabad, Gujarat.
It showcases contemporary issues and challenges specific to law, with an inter-disciplinary approach towards assimilating knowledge. It is an endeavor of the Institute to become the beacon of legal education by encouraging synthesis of knowledge and best practices cutting across the academia and research fraternity.
Exploring contours of Human Rights in India
- Learning drawn from dealing with violation of Human Rights
- Economic, social, and cultural rights
- Civil liberties and democratic rights
- Critically looking at the State initiatives for creating mechanisms / agencies for promotion and protection of Human Rights
- National and State Human Rights Commissions
- Various laws enacted to promote Human Rights
- Role, performance and potentials of civil actors in promotion and protection of Human Rights
- Dealing with violence due to various reasons
- Development induced displaced population
- Problems of internally displaced
- State powers and Human Right violation
- Armed Forces (Special Powers) Act (AFPSA) in north-east India
- Separatism dealt by Indian state
- Militancy dealt by Indian state
- Role, performance, and potentials of educational institutions in spreading awareness and educational initiatives for promotion and protection of Human Rights
- Advancement in awareness spreading on Human Rights
- Highlighting only on Human Right violation and limited achievement on conceptual understanding of Human Rights
- Mechanisms and channels have been created for awareness spreading
- Word Limit: Submissions are invited for research paper (5,000 - 6,000 words), policy brief / critique (up to 3,000 words), innovative initiative or practice (up to 3,000 words), case studies (up to 3,000 words), and book reviews (up to 1,000 words) excluding the footnotes. However, looking at the quality and depth of research, relaxation may be given and word limit may vary.
- Entries from all aspects of law whether direct or applied are welcome.
- Background of writers: We are a peer reviewed Journal. Hence, entries from students pursuing Bachelors or Masters Course in law and any other allied discipline of Social Science would be accepted.
- Authorship: Entries can be co-authored. However, a maximum of two authors per entry is allowed.
- Citation Style: The Bluebook Uniform System of Citation (19th Edition)
- Format of Main Text & the Footnotes: The Times New Roman font, in font size 12 is prescribed for all entries. Further, the footnotes shall be in font size 10 and line spacing of 1.5 and 1.0 shall be followed respectively.
- Mode of Submission: Entries are to be sent at firstname.lastname@example.org latest by 1st February, 2017 (11:59 pm). No hard copy of the same is required.
Submission of full paper:
1st February, 2017 (11:59 pm)
2nd - 19th February, 2017
Communication regarding the acceptance to the Authors:
20th - 25th February, 2017
Release of the Journal:
Last week of March, 2017
Ms. Vasundhara Kanoria
Mr. Sparsh Upadhyay