NLIU - Trilegal Summit on Mergers and Acquisitions 2017
The Centre for Business and Commercial Laws at National Law Institute University, Bhopal in collaboration with Trilegal, are going to organize the second edition of the NLIU-Trilegal Summit on Mergers and Acquisitions.
Date: 26th February, 2017
- Key Developments in the Nature of Disputes in M & A.
- Valuation Mismatch and Impact on M & A Structuring.
- M & A in Infrastructure Sector.
- Contemporary M & A topics (suggestions: Cross Border M & A, Development of Non Performing Assets, Asset Reconstruction Companies, Crowd funding, Rupee Denominated Bonds, etc.).
Authors must be pursuing their LL.B.(Hons.) / LL.B. / LL.M. from any recognized University to be eligible to participate in the Summit.
Call for Papers:
The Summit invites participation from authors and paper presenters. Both are expected to submit either an article or an essay on Mergers and Acquisitions within the contours of the sub-themes, in light of the relevant legal provisions.
Submissions must be under either of the two categories:
- Articles: Manuscripts under this category should be an in-depth analysis of the issue within the word limit of 4000 - 6000 words. Co-authorship up to two authors is permissible in this category. The presentation time allotted to author(s) of such Articles will be 15 minutes inclusive of questions put forth by panelists.
- Essays: Manuscripts under this category should either cover a recent development or be issue-specific within the word limit of 2000 to 3000 words. Co-authorship is not permissible in case of Essays. The presentation time allotted to author of such Essay shall be 10 minutes inclusive of questions put forth by panelists.
Kindly note that the word limit is inclusive of footnotes. Strict adherence to the word limit is highly prescribed.
- All Articles and Essays must be in English.
- The submissions must be in MS Word (.docx) format.
- All papers, along with an Abstract (not more than 300 words),
- The body of the submission should be in Times New Roman, Font Size 12 and 1.5 Line Spacing.
- Footnotes shall be preferred to Endnotes. The footnotes should be in Times New Roman, Font Size 10, Single Line Spacing and must conform to the Bluebook style of Citation (19th Edition).
- Margins of 1 inch or 2.54 cm on all sides must be maintained, and the body of the text must be justified.
- The submission must be accompanied by a covering letter in a separate word document and must include the following details:
- Name of Author(s);
- Contact Details - Address and Mobile No.;
- Name and Address of the Institution
- The Authors are required to register themselves provisionally by sending an e-mail outlining their intention of contributing to the summit.
- Authors whose papers are selected for presentation in the Summit shall be required to pay an amount of INR 1000 for single author entries and INR 1500 for co-authored entries.
The Centre shall provide accommodation for all such participants.
The registration and submission deadline of the call for papers for the "NLIU Trilegal Summit on Mergers & Acquisitions 2017" is 20th January, 2017.
Mr. Arjit Oswal
Ms. Soumya Chouksey
National Law Institute University
Kerwa Dam Road, Bhopal
Madhya Pradesh - 462 044
Download Brochure, Call for Papers, Guidelines