National Seminar on "Recent Trends of Judicial Activism"
Department of Legal Studies and Research, Barkatullah University, Bhopal is going to organize the one day National Seminar on "Recent Trends of Judicial Activism".
Date: 26th November, 2016
Venue: Barkatullah University, Bhopal
- All students pursuing graduation or post-graduation in field of Law, Humanities & Social Science.
- Academicians, professors, researchers, professionals etc. in field of Law, Humanities & Social Science
About The Seminar:
Judicial activism is not an easy concept to define. It means different things to different persons. Critics denounce judicial decisions as activist when they do not agree with them. Activism, like beauty, is often in the eye of beholder. Judicial policy making can either be an activity in support of legislative and executive policy choices or in opposition to them. But the latter one is usually referred to as judicial activism.
The following trends like expansion of rights of hearing in the administrative process, excessive delegation without limitation, expansion of judicial review over administration, passing of orders which are unworkable were the cause of judicial activism. However, with change in course of time this tool has been widely misused.
Therefore, keeping in view the recent examples of disturbing trends of Judicial Activism in state of Arunachal Pradesh and Uttrakhand, quash of a traditional collegiums system and the formation of Lodha Committee to look upon the matters of BCCI, the main object of the seminar is "to endow with a holistic approach of judicial activism and to provide an insight into the impact of judicial encroachment upon the executive actions".
- Judicial Activism vs. Judicial Constraint
- Recent trends in the development of Judicial Activism: Global and National Scenario
- Indian Judiciary: Whether superseding the democracy?
- Attitude of Indian Judiciary towards Judicial Activism
Call for Papers:
- Word limit and other guidelines:
- Abstract (300 words).
- Full paper (3000-5000 words).
- Font style: Times New Roman; Font size: 12; Font size of footnotes: 10 pt
- Line spacing: 1.5; Line spacing for footnotes: 1
- The entry must be typewritten.
- Citation style must adhere to the Bluebook citation format (19th Edition).
- The paper must contain the title of the paper along with author name and affiliation. It must also clearly state the sub theme of the paper.
- Presentation Guidelines
- Paper presentation is subject to payment of registration fee. The presentation is restricted to 10 minutes + 2 minutes for panel round. Participants can prepare presentation in power point format compatible with MS Office 2003/2007 and must be brought in a pen drive;
- Number of slides shall be limited to 10
- The selected authors must carry two hard copies of their papers, for submission to the panel members.
How to Submit:
- The submissions may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org in Microsoft Word (.doc or.docx) format.
- The file name must contain the name of the Author(s) along with affiliation.
- Students: Rs. 500/- per Author
- Research Scholars: Rs. 800/- per Author
- Advocates / Academicians: Rs. 1000/- per Author
The fee includes registration, food and delegate kits for all participants. The mode of payment shall be in Cash and must be paid on the day of seminar i.e. 26th November, 2016.
Note: NO TA/DA will be provided.
Accommodation will be nominally charged.
The presentation of paper is spanned over one day:
26th November, 2016
Last date of submission for Abstract is:
7th November, 2016
Date of intimation of Abstract selection is:
12th November, 2016
Last date of submission for full papers, PPT (if any), travel plan is:
20th November 2016
Ms. Yash Tiwari
Ms. Ridhhima Dixit
Ms. Vidhita Rakhe
Mr. Mohammad Iquraam Khan
Mr. Himanshu Jain
Mr. Manish Yadav
Head of Department
Hoshangabad Road, Bhopal - 462026