National Seminar on "Indian Criminal Justice System: Emerging Dimensions"
Faculty of Law, University of Lucknow is going to organize the National Seminar on "Indian Criminal Justice System: Emerging Dimensions".
Date: 12th November, 2016
Venue: New Campus, Faculty of Law, University of Lucknow
About The Seminar:
The crime and society are inextricably interlinked. With the passage of time the perpetrators are using innovative ways to commit crimes and techno-logical advancement has fanned the flame. There is a surge in criminal activities in modern Indian scenario.
The Indian landscape is painted in red in every way. The crime against women has seen an unprecedented surge especially in matter of crimes against her person and body. The juvenile delinquency is undergoing a turmoil as Parliament recently made amendment as to the age of juvenile. Prevention of crime and forensic investigation has become very complex in the modern world due to advent of technology.
The issues of penology like compensation to victims, police reforms and poor investigation of criminal cases and witness protection programme has taken a lead in this arena. The issues pertaining to prosecution and trials of perpetrators have always been a crucial issue in effective implementation of law. The whole inclination of Indian Criminal Justice System is seen tilted in the favour of classical theory of punishment which is also known as lex talionis. This inclination is a matter of caution for civilized society and constitutional Governance which confers safe-guards to prisoners and arrestees and under trials as we are a country governed by rule of law.
The idea of having a National Seminar on such a heart rending issue is a very sensitive and sincere endeavour of Faculty of Law wherein the Faculty shall be providing a huge platform to the world of academia, professionals, lawyers and members of civil society for discussions, de-liberations and debate over such crucial issues which are essential canons for laying down the bedrock foundation of couth, egalitarian republic which is free from criminogenic environment and where crimes are effectively prevented and if committed are brought to justice.
We at the faculty are hopeful that this upcoming seminar shall be appreciated as a pioneering event for spearheading the academic deliberations on such a relevant topic.
Call for Papers:
Academicians, lawyers, scholars and members of civil society are hereby invited to contribute papers for the National Seminar. The contributions may be forwarded in both soft and hard copies according to the schedule provided hereunder. However the prior registration would be necessary so as to ensure proper arrangement of the seminar as a whole. The prospective participants are also expected to forward their itinerary well in advance. No TA/DA shall be provided by the University and therefore the participants should obtain the same from their respective institutions.
Soft copy of papers and Abstract may kindly be forwarded to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The registered and selected participants only shall be allowed to present their paper in the seminar subject to submission of complete papers in due course of time. Papers received after stipulated deadline shall not be entertained for participation in seminar. Papers selected by the Editorial Committee shall be published in the form of Seminar Volume bearing ISBN No.
- The papers should be developed and written in a symmetrical way responding to a theme of seminar. It should have proper research questions and should also reflect the findings. The paper should not be more than 5000 words. The Abstract should not be more than 250 words. The paper must be typed in Times New Roman, Font Size 12 on A4 size paper on MS word. The personal details of author must be given in paper. Harvard Blue Book must be referred for proper citation and acknowledgement. Submissions may be made in Hindi also in Kruti Dev 010 on MS Word.
- On spot registration shall be done on the day of seminar. Selected and submitted Abstracts shall be published in the souvenir of the seminar.
Major Themes / Sub-Themes of the Seminar:
- Criminal Justice System & Victims Criminal Justice System & Women as Victim Criminal Justice System & Children & Old aged as Victims Compensation to Victims
- Criminal Justice System & Punishment Juvenile Delinquency: Emerging Issues Judicial Response to Punishment of Fines & Rights of Prisoners
- Crimes in Modern World & Forensic Investigations Cyber Crimes Terrorist Activities and Organized Crimes Communal Riots & Group Crimes
- Criminal Justice System & Trials and Investigations Constitutional Governance & Criminal Justice System Criminal Trials; Challenges and Headways Trials & Human Rights of Under Trials
The Registration Fee for the Seminar:
- Students: Rs. 400/-
- Research Scholars: Rs. 600/-
- Academicians and others: Rs. 600/-
The expenditure incurred on account of Seminar shall be borne by Faculty of Law. The Faculty of Law is well connected to Airport and railway station by public transport. Registration fees shall be deposited on the spot.
Faculty of Law is not in a position to provide lodging accommodation, however, the local hospitality shall be provided.
Last date for submission of Abstracts:
5th November, 2016
Last date for submission of papers:
10th November, 2016
Dr. Ashish Kr. Srivastava
Faculty of Law,
University of Lucknow,
Janakipuram extension, Lucknow - 226031