International Conference on Administration of Criminal Law in India: Emerging Issues & Challenges
Centre for Criminal Justice Studies, School of Law, Galgotias University is going to organize the International Conference on "Administration of Criminal Law in India: Emerging Issues & Challenges".
Date: 26th November, 2016
Venue: Galgotias University, Campus - I. Greater Noida, Uttar Pradesh
Themes & Sub-themes:
The conference will have three technical themes devoted to discuss each of the issue in great depth.
- Reforming the Criminal Justice System
- Adversarial & Inquisitorial Model
- Right to Silence
- Rights of the Accused
- Presumption of Innocence and Burden of Proof
- Justice to Victims
- Fair Trial
- Crime & Punishment
- Over Criminalization
- Non-custodial Sentences
- Criminal Profiling
- Plea Bargaining
- Organized Crime
- Corporate Crimes
- White Collar Crimes
- Terrorism & Economic Crimes
- Cyber Crime
- Police & Prosecution
- Modern methods of Crime Investigation
- Need for a New Police Act
- Private Prosecutions
- Investigation in Cyber Crimes
- Guidelines for Investigators
- Investigator - Prosecutor relationships - Differing International Models
- Maintaining Ethical Standards: Requirements for Investigators and Prosecutors
- Role of Prosecutor at Sentencing
Sub-themes are suggestive. The researchers are free to take any topic which is coherent to the main themes.
Call for Papers:
Research Papers / Articles and Case Studies from academicians, research scholars and students are invited for presentation in the International Conference. The Abstract should be submitted along with the duly filed Registration Form and Fee. There shall be an award for best paper under each of the themes.
Guidelines for Abstract Submission:
- Abstract submission via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Title of the paper, Name of the Author, University / Institution / Organization, Email Address, Mobile Number etc. to be stated clearly on the cover page of the Abstract.
- The Abstracts should not exceed 200 - 300 words, and should contain the basic outlines of the central argument(s) of the paper.
- Microsoft Word Document Format only.
- The Editorial Committee of the Conference will review the Abstracts.
- Notifications of acceptance status will be sent by email.
Guidelines for Paper Submissions:
- Full paper submission via email to: email@example.com
- Authors shall mention their names, contact details and affiliations on the cover page of the manuscript.
- English: British spellings and punctuation conventions.
- Font Size and Style: Times New Roman, 12 pt, for the main text and 10 point for footnotes.
- Headings: The headings should be used as per the following style:
- First heading: 12 pt, bold, centre
- Second heading: 12 pt, bold, left-aligned
- Third heading: 12 pt, italics, left-aligned
- Length: Articles should generally be between 8,000 and 10,000 words (including footnotes)
- Line Spacing: The line spacing of main text of paper should be 1.5.
- References: Footnotes should be used and not endnotes.
- Citation Style : Blue Book 19th Edition
- Review Process: The Editorial Board will review all the papers.
Selected papers will be published in journal bearing proper ISSN/ISBN number subject to timely submission of final paper and payment of registration fees.
- Teachers / Academician / Research Scholars / Govt. Officials / Advocates / NGOs / INGOs Officials from India: Rs. 2000/-.
- Students pursuing 5 year / 3 year Law Degree and LLM program (Indian Citizen): Rs.1500/-.
- Teachers / Academician / Govt. Officials / Advocates / NGOs / INGOs Officials from outside India: US $250.
- Research Scholars / Post Graduate / LL.B. / Intergrated LL.B. / S.J.D. / J/D Students from outside India: US $200. (Registration Fee Waivers for International Scholars are available. Please indicate your interest for a registration fee waiver when submitting your Abstract).
After the due date or on the spot Registration:
- Teachers / Academician / Research Scholars / Govt. Officials / Advocates / NGOs / INGOs Officials from India: Rs. 2500/-.
- Students pursuing 5 year / 3 year Law Degree and LLM program (Indian Citizen): Rs. 2000/-.
Demand Draft is to be drawn in favour of "Galgotias University" payable at New Delhi. Please ensure that you mention the Demand Draft number in the application form and your name and mobile number at the back of Demand Draft.
The envelope containing Registration form and Demand Draft should have the subject as International Conference on Administration of Criminal Law in India: Emerging Issues & Challenges and shall be addressed to:
Dr. Kiran Rai
Dean, School of Law,
Plot No.2, Sector 17-A,
Gautam Buddh Nagar, Greater Noida,
Uttar Pradesh - 201308, India
Last date for Abstract Submission:
5th November, 2016
Last date for Registration (Submission of Registration Form and remittance of Registration Fee):
12th November, 2016
Submission of Final Paper:
22nd November, 2016
26th November, 2016
Ms. Dify Doyil
Ms. Shefali Shukla
Mr. Rishabh Rathore
Mr. Ashutosh Singh
School of Law, Galgotias University,
Plot No.2, Sector 17-A,
Yamuna Expressway, Gautam Buddh Nagar,
Greater Noida, Uttar Pradesh - 201308