RN Foundation National Socio-Legal Essay Writing Competition, 2016
Ramnath Foundation in association with Section for Law Students, Indian National Bar Association (INBA) is going to organize a National Socio-Legal Essay Writing Competition.
About the Competition:
The competition aims at encouraging the young minds to focus on the changes made in the socio-legal landscape of Asia's third largest economy. The main objective of the competition is to initiate a churning process for realizing and contextualizing the various topics which are of concern for every person but it's hard to express. So, we are providing the platform for such expressions. Also it endeavours to encourage and promote creative, logical thinking and knowledge about understanding the current issues faced by a large scale of society.
Theme of the Competition:
"7 Decades of Independent India: on the Rails of Modernity"
- NGO's Money Making devices or welfare societies
- The struggle for equality and demolition of caste system in India
- Development of Indian Defence policies since Independence
- E-India is a Socio-Legal development at national level or a publicity stunt
- Modernity of traditions and changes in Indian Culture and Heritage
All students pursuing any Undergraduate or Post Graduate courses from any recognized College / Institute / University. Age limit is 25 years or below for this competition.
- Essays must not be longer than 2000 words excluding of footnotes, cover page and Abstract also. It must be accompanied by an Abstract of not more than 500 words. The Abstract will be used by the panel of judges for pre-selection.
- The essays submitted by the participants must be in "English" and "Hindi" language only.
- All submissions must be in Times New Roman, 12 Font Size, 1.5, Line Spacing and Headings / Titles must be in Capital, Boldly Written. The Blue Book citations can be referred.
- Quotes and references must be clearly marked throughout the essay (preferably in italics) and properly cited.
- Footnotes should be in Times New Roman Font size 10. The Footnotes used should follow a uniform and complete system of citation.
A soft copy of the essay along with the Registration form clearly mentioning the Title and theme of essay is to be mailed to: email@example.com.
Criteria of Evaluation:
The criteria to be applied in evaluating the entries are:
- Originality of the content
- Creativity and Rationality
- Style and Presentation of content
- Method of Citation
- Knowledge of the particular topic.
There is a Registration fee i.e. 200/- payable at State Bank of India, A/C holder Shobhit Garg, Branch:- Subhash Bazar, Meerut A/C No. 33607895793, IFSC code :- SBIN0002488
Announcement of Essay:
3rd September, 2016
Last date of Registration:
30th September, 2016
Last date for Submission:
10th October, 2016
17. Laxmi Vihar, village mubarkpur
Modipuram, NH - 58
Meerut, Uttar Pradesh
Phone: +91-9808775119, +91-9012924066, +91-9557430709.
Download Poster, Rules, Registration Form