VMSCL - WMO International Dispute Resolution Competition, 2017
Lex Infinitum is going to organize the Second Edition of VMSCL - WMO International Dispute Resolution Competition.
Date: 11th - 14th January, 2017
Venue: V.M. Salgaocar College of Law, Goa
Participation and Eligibility:
- The Competition is open to all bonafide students of Law Schools / Colleges / Institutions / Universities. Each Institution is permitted to enter only one "team" in the Competition.
- All Participants must be registered in their respective institutions as full-time students or part-time students or exchange students for the academic year 2016 - 17.
- Each team shall comprise three students: 1 Mediator and 2 Negotiators (Negotiator Team)
- One Member of the Team will be designated as Mediator, and the role will remain unchanged throughout the Competition.
- The other two members of the team will be the designated Negotiators, representing a Client and his / her counsel, during the negotiation role play. The roles of Client and Counsel are interchangeable at different rounds during the competition, but not during the course of the role play.
- Each team may nominate a single Coach who may be a full-time Professor, Assistant or Adjunct Professor, Qualified Lawyer, Lecturer in ADR, Mediator, Mediation or Negotiation Trainer.
- Each team may nominate up to two Observers who must be full time or part time students of the same institution.
- The Coach and Observers may attend and observe the Competition Sessions involving their team but will not be allowed to communicate with the Team after the distribution of Confidential Information or during the Sessions.
- All applications must be fully completed and registered online on the Official Website: www.lexinfinitum.in.
- The Selection Committee, consisting of the V.M. Salgaocar College of Law and the Advisory Committee, will shortlist a total of 24 colleges as Selected Teams.
- The names will be posted on the Official Website on 11th October, 2016 and the same will be communicated to the Selected Team.
- The Selected Teams will have time till 10th November, 2016 to complete the Registration Process and pay the Registration Fee, failing which they will forfeit their spot in the Competition.
- In event of a Selected Team forfeits its participation in the Competition, the Selection Committee may replace the said Team and offer participation to any other Applicant Team which has registered to participate in the Competition.
Registration Fees for the Participants:
- International Team comprising three Students: US $400/-
- International Team comprising three Students and the Coach: US $550/-
- National Teams comprising three Students: INR 8000/-
- National Team comprising three Students and the Coach: INR 18,000/-
The Observers are requested to contact the Organizing Committee on the email id: firstname.lastname@example.org for further details
Online Registration Form:
Accommodation and Travel:
- For each Observer, the Organizing Committee will arrange for the accommodation along with their respective Team members if it so requested.
- Accommodation to all Participating Teams. This includes the Coach, where the respective Registration Fee applicable has been paid.
- Internal Transportation for the Participating Teams (including the Coach and the Observers) for the Event days for the purpose of the Competition and social / networking events. Please note, this does not include pick up and drop from the airport / station to the Accommodation.
- Lunch and Breakfast on all competition days for the Participating Teams (including the Coach and the Observers).
The last date for the registration of a Team is 4th October, 2016.
Lex Infinitum: VMSCL - WMO International Dispute Resolution Competition, 2017