7th MIPCON 2016 - Conference & Exposition on Managing IP Assets for Business & Academic Competence
Andhra Pradesh Technology Development & Promotion Centre (APTDC) of Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) is going to organize the 7th Edition of MIPCON - Conference & Exposition on Managing IP Assets for Business & Academic Competence.
Date: 8th & 9th September, 2016
Venue: Hotel Taj Krishna, Hyderabad
The Objectives of MIPCON:
- Conference & Exposition is to explore the issues on the interface of Innovation and IPR.
- Discuss whether grant of Patents are an end or it is the beginning of the challenge of the patent process.
- Understand how companies are maintaining knowledge based income in their balance sheets as compared to tangible assets
- Bring out the trends globally on the issues of licensing, assignment and managing IP portfolios.
- Explores the practical alternative strategies available for innovators in managing their intangible assets
- Discuss on available legislative tools to protect CRIs and what can be the best way forward keeping in view emerging startup culture.
- Disseminate the current trends in Trade Secrets, which is gaining importance due to short innovation cycle and time consuming process patent and its practices
- Debate on Patenting Trends vs. Patent Commercialization in emerging economies with reference to India, which has checks and balance.
- Understand how branding can be effective tool for monetization and strategies on ways to keep this goodwill profitable in proliferating business.
- Innovation - IP Dichotomy: Facts & Fiction
- Prosecution vis a vis Litigation: Is IP a license to law suit
- Trends in IP Transaction: Global Perspective
- To Patent or not to Patent: Alternative IP Strategies
- Are we ready for Sui Generis Law for Protection on Computer Program? Revisiting IP Protection for computer related programs
- Whose secret is it anyway - Managing Trade Secret in Business
- Tangibles Vs. Intangibles: Towards a new Balance Sheet Approach
- What is in the name - Monetizing Goodwill
- Biodata Patent Vs. Commercial Patent: Auditing the number game
- National and International Agencies on IPR
- Consultants, Policy makers and Government Officials
- Associate General Counsel, Chief Legal Counsel, IP Counsel
- Businesses - SMEs / Startups / IT/ I TES Enterprises
- Company Secretary & Manager - Legal
- Corporate Directors & Executives from KPO / LPO Industry
- IP Management Consultants in India and Abroad
- Law Firms' Managing Partners
- R & D Heads, Research Institutions and IP Managers
- IP Professors, students and researchers in IP domain
- Technocrats and Executives from the Legal / IP Industry
How to Register?
Interested Sponsors & Participants are requested to complete the registration form with payment details and confirm participation.
- Academia / Inventor / Startups: Rs. 3000/-
- CII Members: Rs. 4000/-
- Non-CII Members: Rs.5000/-
- Industry / Corporates / IP Service Providers: Rs. 23,000/-
- 10% discount for three or more participants from same organization
- The Registration Fee is inclusive of Service Tax
- Payment through DD / Cheque.
- Delegate fee is non-refundable.
Mail this form along with Cheque/DD to:
Mr. Venkata Kiran Kumar M.P.
Mr. Shailendra Kumar
Phone: +91-81065 85839
Mr. M. Narender
Andhra Pradesh Technology Development & Promotion,
Centre Confederation of Indian Industry,
Plot No.7, 2nd Floor,
Regal House, Motilal Nehru Nagar,
Begumpet, Hyderabad - 500016
Phone: +91-40-2776 5836 / 837
Download Brochure, Registration Form