Indian Journal of Tax Law (Vol. 3, Issue 1): Call for Papers
The Indian Journal of Tax Law (IJTL) is a bi-annual journal dealing with taxation. The Journal is published by an independent organization of students from National Law University, Odisha.
The Indian Journal of Tax Law is India's first student edited, peer reviewed law journal focusing on taxation. The journal focuses on enabling innovative academic research and discussion on issues in the given area.
The Journal calls for submissions of manuscripts on all areas of taxation of contemporary relevance from the body of legal academia, professionals within India and overseas, and students for the Issue 1 of Volume 3 of the journal.
Types of Submissions:
IJTL welcomes submissions of Articles, Essays, Case Notes, and Book Reviews. The submission length should be a as follows-
- Articles: Between 5000 - 10000 words including footnotes: Articles are comprehensive publications that analyze important themes of contemporary relevance in the realm of taxation. An Abstract of up to 250 words must accompany the Article.
- Essays: Between 4000 - 5000 words including footnotes. Essays usually focus on a specific issue and posit a central argument.
- Case Notes: Between 1500 - 5000 words including footnotes. Case notes are the examination of recent cases significant in the area of taxation.
- Book Reviews: Between 1000 - 2500 words including footnotes. Book Reviews are welcomed in form of a short summary of the book in the context of existing positions the book explores.
Mode of Submission:
We do not accept hard copy of manuscripts for publication. All submissions must be emailed in Microsoft Word format to email@example.com.
Style & Format:
Submissions must follow the following style and format:
- Main Body must be in font size 12, Times New Roman font and 1.5 line spacing.
- Footnotes must be in font size 10, Times New Roman font and 1 line spacing.
- Citation Format: Please use footnotes rather than endnotes.
- Footnotes should conform to the 19th Edition of The Bluebook: A Uniform System of Citation
- Copyright: Submissions must not violate copyright of third parties.
- Liability: Submissions must not contain any defamatory, offensive, or racially prejudicial material. In case any such material gets published, the authors shall be liable for the same, and the Indian Journal of Tax Law, its Board of Editors, Board of Advisors, and any other person associated with the Indian Journal of Tax Law shall not be responsible.
- Indemnity for Liability: Submission are accepted on the acceptance of these conditions and in case of any liability arising out of violation of the first two conditions, the authors shall accept the same unconditionally and shall forthwith indemnify the Indian Journal of Tax Law and all persons associated with it.
Submissions may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org under the subject title - "IJTL (Volume 3) - [Submission Category] - [Name of the Author(s)]"
The last date for submission of manuscript for publication in Issue 1 of Volume 3 is 1st September, 2016. For contributors not being nationals of India, submissions are accepted on a rolling basis.
Mr. Arka Saha
Editor in Chief, Indian Journal of Tax Law
Mr. Akash Srinivasan
Managing Editor, Indian Journal of Tax Law