16th Henry Dunant Memorial Moot Court Competition, 2016
The Indian Society of International Law (ISIL) & the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) are jointly organizing the 16th Henry Dunant Memorial Moot Court Competition, 2016.
Date: 22nd - 25th September, 2016
Venue: The Indian Society of International Law, New Delhi
The ICRC and ISIL are the official organizers of the National Moot Court competition in India. National competitions in other participating countries will be organized by the ICRC, in collaboration with partner institutions, including Kathmandu School of Law in Nepal, Dhaka University in Bangladesh and the University of Colombo in Sri Lanka. The South Asian Regional Moot Court competition will be organized in any of the participating countries jointly by the ICRC Regional Delegation in New Delhi, the ICRC delegation in the respective country and a partner organization.
- The principal objective of the Henry Dunant Memorial Moot Court Competition is to develop an increased awareness and interest in International Humanitarian Law in academic institutions throughout South Asia.
- A further objective is to use International Humanitarian Law to further academic excellence in the student community, and to develop their advocacy skills in an environment of friendly competition.
- All Universities, Colleges, and Institutions imparting legal education on a regular or evening basis in a program of study that leads to a Bachelors degree in Law (LL.B / B.L.) or Masters in law (LL.M. / M.L.) are eligible to participate in the Moot Court competition.
- All students enrolled on a full time or evening basis in a program of study leading to or equivalent to a Bachelors degree in law (LL.B / BL) or Masters in law (LL.M / ML), are eligible to participate.
- Students who have participated in this Moot Court competition on a previous occasion are not eligible to participate again.
Each participating University / College / Institute shall nominate only one team consisting of three student members, plus a coach from the faculty of the university / College / Institute that they represent.
Accommodation and Travel:
- The organizing committee will provide accommodation and meals to members of the participating teams for the duration of the competition, where it is required.
- For the Indian National Moot Court competition and the Regional Moot Court competition, ISIL will be responsible to coordinate travel, accommodation and meals for all participating teams.
- The ICRC and its partner organizations will be responsible for coordinating all administrative arrangements, including travel, accommodation and meals, for participants in their respective national competitions.
The memorials and counter memorials shall be submitted on or before 20th September, 2016
Mr. Vinai Kumar Singh
Centre for International Humanitarian Law, ISIL
Phone: 011-23384458, 59
Dr. Anuradha Saibaba
International Committee of the Red Cross
Indian Society of International Law
V.K. Krishna Manon Bhawan
9, Bhagwan Dass Road
Download Invitation, Moot Proposition, Rules