Rakesh Aggarwal Memorial National Moot Court Competition, 2016
The Ideal Institute of Management and Technology & School of Law is going to organize the Rakesh Aggarwal Memorial National Moot Court Competition, 2016 in the memory of its founder and visionary, Shri Rakesh Aggarwal.
Date: 2nd - 3rd April, 2016
Venue: Ideal Institute of Management and Technology & School of Law.
The objective of the Competition is to expose law students to important issues arising in contemporary socio-eco & legal settings. Law students who participate in the Competition will have the opportunity to develop their research, legal writing and oral advocacy skills in a mock courtroom setting.
Students of 3 or 5 year law degree courses from any University are eligible to apply for registration of their team. However, only one team shall be allowed to participate from one College / Institution / Department. If any college is running both the courses 3 and 5 year programme then they may send two teams exclusively one from each course.
- Each team shall consist only of three members, comprising of two Mooters and one Researcher.
- Any alteration / change in the names of the team members shall be intimated in writing by the Dean / Director / Head of the Department of the School / Department / College of Law, of the team requesting such alteration / change positively to the Organizing Committee. However, any such alteration is permitted only once.
- Once the Competition commences, the team composition cannot be altered under any circumstances whatsoever. Inability of any team member to participate shall lead to disqualification of the team from the Competition. However, the team is free to rotate amongst the 3 members the roles of mooter / researcher as they deem fit.
- Participating teams should register themselves by sending duly filled registration form along with registration fee of Rs. 1000/- per team and memorials through email at email@example.com. The hard copy of the registration form along with the Demand Draft shall be received by post or by hand at Ideal Institute of Management and Technology & School of Law, 16-X, Karkardooma Institutional Area, Delhi - 110092 till 18th March, 2016. Acknowledgment of the same shall be sent by the Moot Court Committee by 21st March, 2016.
- Teams will be formally registered upon arrival at IIMT & School of Law campus on 2nd April, 2016 in the morning at 08:30 AM. Formal Registration requires the submission of a duly filled-in Registration Form, the scanned copy of which is required to be sent as per Rule.
- The details provided for formal registration will be final for the purposes of certification of participation and awards.
- Once registered, the registration fee will neither be refunded nor waived.
The last date of registration is 18th March, 2016.
Ideal Institute of Management and Technology & School of Law
(G.G.S.I.P. University, Delhi)
16-X, Karkardooma Institutional Area,
Delhi - 110092
Phone: 011-22372639, 011-22375961, 011- 65288868
Download Brochure, Award Categories