Bishop Cotton Women's Christian Law College - 5th National Moot Court Competition, 2016
Bishop Cotton Women's Christian Law College, Bengaluru is going to organize the 5th National Moot Court Competition, 2016.
Date: 1st - 3rd April, 2016
Venue: Bishop Cotton Women's Christian Law College, Bengaluru
Theme: "Prudentia Conscientia Ingenium Occursus 2016"
- All law schools, faculties of law and other institutions recognized by the Bar Council of India, offering a law degree are eligible to participate in the Competition. Only one team is allowed to participate from each law school / faculties of law / other institutions. Only students presently pursuing LL.B course (5 years and 3 years course) are eligible to participate.
- Team members should be bonafide students of the Institution they are representing. The Organisers can make any inquiries of the same at any time during the Competition. Teams must carry a college identity card / Bonafide Certificate.
- A team must be composed of a minimum of 2 members and maximum of 3 members i.e., 2 speakers and 1 researcher. Any 2 members of the team may be enlisted / registered as speakers. Only registered / enlisted speakers shall be permitted to plead in the oral rounds. However, only in the event of unavoidable circumstances, the researcher will be, subject to the discretion of the Organisers permitted to plead in the oral rounds.
- Each team will be provided a team code by the Organisers. Teams should not disclose the identity of their institution; such disclosure shall invite penalties including disqualification. The decision for the same shall be at the discretion of the Organisers.
- Each team must register itself by sending a duly filled Registration Form along with the required crossed Demand Draft of Rs. 2,500/- drawn in favour of "Bishop Cotton Women's Christian Law College, Bangalore", both of which shall reach the Administrator by 1st March, 2016 via Registered Post with Acknowledgement Due.
- Once registered, the registration fee would neither be refunded nor waived. All updates will be communicated to the contact person as mentioned in the registration form. It is the responsibility of the contact person to communicate any contingent updates to the team. Confirmation of registration via e-mail by 20th February, 2016 is highly recommended as the competition shall be limited to the first 30 teams to register.
- A notification will be sent to respective colleges as to whether they are among the first 30 teams. On confirmation of registration and participation by the Administrator, further details of the official schedule and accommodation shall be provided.
- Accommodation and Food to the participating teams will be provided by college only during the competition i.e. from 1st April 2016 (12 noon) to 4th April, 2016 till 12.00 noon (total of 3 nights only).
- Accommodation will be provided to outstation teams only. Recommended railway stations are Bangalore City Junction Railway Station and Yeshwanthpur Railway Station. Nearest bus station is Kempegowda Bus Station.
- Teams coming by flight, train or bus will have to reach college by themselves. The Administrator will not bear taxi expenses. Those teams who reach before or want to stay after the designated dates will have to bear the expenses for their accommodation, food and transport.
- The name and mobile number of the student volunteer in charge will be provided after finalization.
The last date for Registration is 1st March, 2016.
Ms. Sahana Devanathan
Ms. Aparna Venkat
Bishop Cotton Women's Christian Law College,
No. 19, 3rd Cross, C.S.I Compound, Mission Road,
Bengaluru - 560027
Download Moot Problem, Rules, Registration Form