1st National Trial Advocacy and Judgment Writing Competition, 2016
School of Law, Christ University is going to organize the 1st National Trial Advocacy and Judgment Writing Competition, 2016.
Date: 19th - 21st February, 2016
Venue: School of Law, Christ University, Hosur Road, Bangalore
- The Competition shall be open for students who are pursuing three or five-year LL.B. Degree Course in Universities / Colleges / Law Departments in India.
- The competition shall be conducted in English.
- For the purpose of this competition, participants are to conform to formal sense of dressing. Only black and white. Violation of the same shall attract penalties.
- Teams must consist of three members, studying law as mentioned above and must have been so authorized by the respective institution to participate in the competition.
- Only one team per college shall be entertained.
- In an event that a team member cannot participate because of an emergency or other unforeseen circumstance, the Organizing Committee may determine whether to permit substitutions.
- Teams will not identify the institution they are representing to the fellow participants, evaluators or judges. Disclosure of the same shall invite penalties or disqualifications.
- Students may introduce themselves by name, and to refer to each other by name throughout the trial, but scores would be awarded as per the team code allotted.
- Each advocate will remain on his or her respective sides and will not be asked or allowed to switch throughout the Competition from the advocate and witness roles selected in the opening round.
- The competition is open for 24 teams to participate, which will be decided on first come first serve basis.
- Team composition shall be composed of three members, with two speakers and one witness. In the semi-finals the witnesses will be provided by the host Institution. In the finals, the participants can chose their witness as provided by the host Institution.
- For the purpose of Judgment writing competition, the teams can choose who would represent the team for the same. However, the teams qualifying to the semi- finals and finals shall send the member who was the witness for the judgment writing competition, for the sake of convenience.
- Registration fee per team is Rs. 3, 500/-
- Institutions / Teams interested in participating in the Competition will have to make an initial 'Registration'. The Registration shall be done by e-mailing the scanned copy of the Registration Form and the scanned copy of a Demand Draft for Rs. 3,500/ drawn in favor of "Christ University", payable at "Bengaluru". The subject of the e-mail shall be "Registration".
- The priority of the teams shall be determined in accordance with the date and time of receipt of the e-mail communication containing the scanned copies of the Registration Form and Demand Draft.
- The last date for Registration is 23:59 hrs on 30th January, 2016.
- The registration fee is Non-refundable.
- If a team, which has been registered, fails to e-mail the scanned copy of the Final Registration Form within 25th January, 2016 their Provisional Registration shall stand cancelled and a chance shall be granted to the teams in the waiting list in the order of their position in the waiting list.
- If a team, which has dispatched the hard copy of the Demand Draft, fails to turn up for the competition the registration fee shall not be refunded.
- Accommodation will be provided from 19th February, 2016, 9 am onwards to 21st February, 2016 till 12 pm.
- If the participants wish to extend their stay, they will be accommodated in the University Hostel.
- No use of any form of intoxication will be tolerated within the premises of the accommodation or campus. Such issues shall be seriously dealt with by the organizing committee.
- The organizing committee claims no responsibility towards any damages or additional expenses during, or after the completion of the stay.
The scanned copy of the Final Registration Form should reach latest by:
25th January, 2016
The last date for Registration:
30th January, 2016
School of Law, Christ University,
Hosur Road, Bangalore - 560029
Phone: +91-80-40129100, +91-80-40129012
Download Moot Problem, Rules, Registration Form, Schedule