National Seminar on Transcending Identities and the relevance of Ambedkar's Ideology
Libra College of Law is going to organize the National Seminar on Transcending Identities and the relevance of Ambedkar's Ideology.
Date: 5th - 6th March, 2016
Objective of the Seminar:
This seminar will be serving dual purpose; firstly, it will be our objective to enrich the knowledge of the academicians through interaction with each other and to highlight Transcending identities and relevancy of Ambedkar ideology as an instrument of ordering and social transformation in the modern India.
Secondly, in this event some strong suggestions would be given for positive reforms towards current situation prevailing in India so that these suggestions not only meet the requirements of international commitment and revolutionary development but also to meet the needs of the Indian society as well.
Theme of the Seminar:
It is high time that we returned to Dr. Ambedkar - not just within the confines of the Dalit community, whatever its undeniably special relationship with its greatest leader - but as Indians on the verge of entering into a reactionary phase in our political history. Whether through his conflict with Gandhi, or his rejection of Hinduism and adoption of Buddhism; whether through his work on the making of the Constitution and his creation of the basic outlines of a reservation policy, or as a believer in associational forms of collective life, fraternity, equal citizenship and fundamental rights - in all respects, Ambedkar suggested the way forward to a more egalitarian, democratic, and enlightened society than India has ever been.
Only by retaining a commitment to his radically progressive vision not just for Dalits, but also for caste Hindus, and for India as a whole, will we be able to survive, which prove to be a dark chapter in the political life of the nation.
The Seminar will focus on objective of "Transcending Identities and the relevance of Ambedkar's Ideology". There is a need to create awareness about Ambedkar's ideology. This awareness will strengthen the position of all the sections of the society in the country thus the topic of the Seminar poses a lot of challenging areas to be covered during technical sessions under difference themes:
- Dr. Ambedkar and Indian Constitutions
- Dr. Ambedkar; a Man of Ideas
- Dr. Ambedkar and his concept of Caste, Class and Society
- Dr. Ambedkar and Social Democracy
- Dr. Ambedkar and Social Awakening
- Socio-Economic thoughts of Dr. Ambedkar
- Dr. Ambedkar's Ideology and its relevancy in current scenario
- Role played by Dr. Ambedkar for the welfare of down trodden people in India
- Dr. Ambedkar: Caste System in India
- Dr. Ambedkar, Gandhi and Nehru; Conflict and Cooperation
- Role played by Dr. Ambedkar for the welfare of Minorities
- Dr. Ambedkar as a Policy Maker
- Transcending persons and welfare of the Society
- Transcending persons, their ideologies and relevancy in current scenario
- Dr. Ambedkar and Social Justice in India
- Dr. Ambedkar as a framer of Indian Constitution
- Dr. Ambedkar and Social Engineering
- Dr. Ambedkar's ideology and Western Concept
- Transcending person's ideology and inclusive growth in India.
- Dr. Ambedkar's thoughts and Socio-Economic condition of India
- Any other topic /s ub-theme related to main theme
Call for Papers:
Academicians, Professionals, Research Scholars, Advocates, NGO'S and Students are invited to submit their abstracts and full papers to the convener of the Seminar. Abstract should not be more than 300 words and full papers not exceeding 5000 words to the organizing committee on or before 5th February, 2016 on firstname.lastname@example.org. Abstracts and full papers should be sent in hard copy along with a soft copy in MS word 2007, font size 12 pt, Times New Roman for English and font size 16 pt, Kruti Dev 010 for Hindi papers.
The Seminar shall have a web conferencing session for the selected participants. To avail this facility, the participant should submit the abstract, registration fee and full length paper before the deadline and notify the intention to present the paper through web-conferencing. Details regarding web conferencing schedule and other details shall be sent separately.
- Academicians / Lawyers / NGO's / Research Scholar / Students: Rs. 700/-
Separate Registration of the author, if the author is more than one
Mode of Payment:
The delegates may send Demand Draft in favour of "Libra College of Law" payable at Dehradun.
All participants will be provided with working lunch, tea / coffee with snacks at the venue of the Seminar. No T.A. / D.A. will be provided to the participants by the organizers of the Seminar. The participants are requested to make their own arrangements for travel. The accommodation will be provided as per the request on Rs. 250/- night per head in dual sharing basis. However, for any assistance participants can contact organizers.
Last Date of Submission of Abstract:
5th February, 2016
Full Paper Submission (Soft Copy):
15th February, 2016
Full Paper Submission (Hard Copy) & Registration Fee:
25th February, 2016
All the abstract and full length papers shall be sent on email: email@example.com
Mr. Vikas Bhatt
Ms. Ritu Singh
Joint Organizing Secretary
Libra College of Law
DIMT Tower, Paudwala,
Rajawala Road via Premnagar,
Selaqui, Dehradun - 248 007
Phone: +91-9997220916, +91-9027774385