Jindal Law Quarterly (Vol I: Issue 2): Call for Papers
Jindal Global Law School, part of O.P. Jindal Global University (JGU), is pleased to announce the Call for Papers for the inaugural issue of its student-edited Law Review Quarterly, the Jindal Law Quarterly, formerly known as Jindal Law Journal.
Jindal Global Law School (JGLS) is a reputed law school imparting world-class legal education based on global collaborations with a vibrant research community that addresses cutting-edge issues facing a rapidly changing world.
The Jindal Law Quarterly (JLQ) is JGLS' flagship student-edited Law Quarterly inviting submissions, in the form of articles, case comments and op-eds, on a quarterly basis. It aims to provide a platform to the larger legal community to engage in cutting-edge contemporary legal research. It invites the legal and non-legal academia, including professionals and students, to submit high-quality, unpublished articles and/or case comments for its inaugural issue.
Authors are encouraged to write on any relevant contemporary legal issue, illustratively touching upon issues on Constitutional Law (ex: NJAC debate), Information Technology (ex: Net Neutrality), Intellectual Property Rights (ex: Pharmaceutical Patents), Competition Law (ex: Legislations and Bills Guidelines, 2015), Insurance Law (ex: Re-Insurance), Taxation Law (ex: GST Bill), Procedural Law (ex: Rape Examination), Administrative Law (ex: Quasi-Judicial Institutions), Human Rights Law (ex: Acid Attacks), Alternative Dispute Resolution (ex: Arbitration Ordinance, 2015) and Contract Law (ex: Digital Contracts), or on any other legal domain.
- Authorship: Both Individual as well as co-authored entries are permitted. Multiple entries may be submitted.
- Word Limits:
- Articles: 3000 - 5000 words excluding footnotes
- Case Comments: 1000 - 2000 words excluding footnotes
- Op-eds: 1000 words
- Formatting Specifications:
- Citation Style: Any uniform system of citation is recommended.
- Mode of Submissions: Electronically via a PDF file
- Paper Size: A4 (21.0 x 29.7 cm)
- Margins: Type within the dimensions of 1-inch (2.54 cm) margins top / bottom and left / right
- Line-Spacing: Single line spacing
- Title: The Title of the Article / Case / Op-ed should be in Upper Case, centered in Times New Roman, bold, font size 18 point. There should be a 6pt spacing between the title and the authors.
- Author: Author(s) name(s) should be typed in Upper Case, centered in Times New Roman, bold font size 11 point
- Font: The body of the Paper / Case Note should be in Times New Roman throughout
- Cover Letter: Authors must provide a brief bio-data including their Designation(s), Institutional Affiliation(s) and Contact Detail(s)
- Submission: Authors must submit their papers / case comments to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line in the following format: Submission - [Name of Author] - Vol. 1 Issue 2
The last date for submission of manuscripts is 28th February, 2016.
Jindal Global Law School
Sonipat Narela Road,
Near Jagdishpur village,
Sonipat, Haryana -131001