All India Law School Meet - Legal Spectra, 2015
Siksha 'O' Anusandhan University is going to organize an All India Law School Meet - "Legal Spectra, 2015".
Date: 17th - 20th December, 2015
Venue: S'O'A National Institute of Law, Campus-II, Siksha 'O' Anusandhan University, Bhubaneswar
Eligibility & Composition of Teams:
- All Law Schools / Faculty of Law / other Institutions recognized by the Bar Council of India, offering a law degree are eligible to participate in the Competition. Provided, only one team comprising of students, pursuing undergraduate LL.B. degrees (3 years / 5 years) is allowed to participate from each of such Law School / Faculty of Law / other Institutions. However, in case, a Law School / Faculty of Law / other Institutions offering both 3 years and 5 years undergraduate LLB degrees, two teams, one from 3 years LL.B. course and one from 5 years LL.B. course, may participate.
- A team must be composed of a minimum of 6 members and maximum of 12 members. Provided, any individual participant from a team is allowed to participate in maximum of 5 events, subject to schedule of the conduct of events. However, the Organizing Committee shall reserve the right to change / alter the schedule of events in exigencies. However, any such changes if makes, shall be notified to each participating team.
- The team members must be bonafide students of the Institution, they are representing. The Organizing Committee reserves the right to make any inquiries to verify the identity of the participants at any time during the Competition.
- The teams are free to participate in any or all events of Legal Spectra 2015.
List of Events:
- Moot Court Competition
- Trial Advocacy Competition
- Legal Drafting Competition
- Parliamentary Debate Competition
General Rules & Regulations:
- The teams are permitted to participate in the competition on first come-first serve basis. Detailed rules and regulations for each event will be notified in the official website (www.legalspectra.com / www.snil.ac.in). Compliance to the rules is mandatory, non-compliance of which may result in disqualification of the whole team.
- The proceedings of all the competitions shall be in English. Participants should conduct themselves during the entire proceedings befitting to the students of the institute.
- Awards, prizes, and certificates shall be distributed at the Valedictory function on 20th December, 2015 and under no circumstance the same shall be given or sent to any person via any other medium. All the participating teams should ensure their presence at Valedictory function.
- The Organizing Committee in its discretion may refrain itself from the conduct of any event and reserves the right to cancel / drop any event, for want of minimum participation.
- The Organizing Committee in its discretion may at any time alter / change any rule(s) whatsoever relating to the Legal Spectra 2015 without prior notice. However, such changes will be duly communicated to the contact person of each team.
Registration & Reporting:
- All the participating teams of Legal Spectra 2015, should register for the event(s) on or before 1st December, 2015. The registration fee shall be of Rs. 700/- per participant of each participating teams.
- The registration fee is required to be paid in the form of Demand Draft drawn in favour of "Siksha 'O' Anusandhan University" payable at Bhubaneswar.
- The teams are required to verify their registration via email / phone before their departure for the venue, even though the receipt of earlier confirmation of registration.
- A 'Unique Identification Code (UIC)' will be provided to each team via email once the registration is completed as per the procedure. The participating teams shall herein after are prohibited to disclose their or their Institute's identity and they must in all cases be referred by the UIC. Any violation in this regard may amount to disqualification of the entire team and in such circumstances the decision of the Organizing Committee shall be final & binding.
- Teams registering Online / Offline must ensure that they have received their 'Unique Identification Code (UIC)' before their arrival at the venue. Teams are also requested to contact the Organizing Committee for non-receipt of UIC within 48 hours of the facilitation of registration process.
- A team may register Offline by sending the scanned copy of the duly filled registration form mentioning clearly the names of the events, names of the participants corresponding to the event, along with the scanned copy of the Demand Draft and the travel plan via e-mail to email@example.com with the subject reading [Registration for the Legal Spectra 2015 - 'college name'], for example - [Registration for the Legal Spectra 2015 - 'SOA'].
All the participating teams of Legal Spectra 2015 should register on or before:
1st December, 2015
The hard copies of the documents must be deposited on the arrival of the respective teams on:
16th December, 2015
SOA National Institute of Law
Kalinga Nagar, SUM Hospital Road,
Ghatikia, Bhubaneswar - 751003, Orissa
Phone: +91-674-6510752, +91-9583002600
Download Brochure, Moot Proposition, Registration Form