1st KIIT National Conference on International Law
The International Law Society, KIIT School of Law is going to organizing the 1st KIIT National Conference on International Law.
Date: 15th - 17th January, 2016
Objective of the Conference:
The objective of this Symposium is to foster the interest and explore the contemporary areas in international law. The Symposium will aim at focusing different facets of Public International Law in the area of Criminal Law, Environmental Law and Refugee Law. The event will also analyze recent trends Private International Law in the regimes of Intellectual Property Law, Anti-trust Law and International Commercial Arbitration. The themes and the subthemes of the Symposium has been very meticulously designed in order to attract diverse participation from academicians, practitioners, researcher and students which will facilitate a good exchange of ideas relating to International Law among the different sectors.
Themes and Sub-themes:
- International Refugee Law
- Operational and Administrative Challenges in Rehabilitation of Refugees
- Refugee Law and Statelessness
- Principle of Non-Refoulement and its Viabiity in the Indian Context
- Co-operation in Refugee Resettlement: EU perspective
- International Criminal Law
- Proposed International Convention on Crimes against Humanity
- International Criminal Law and Participation of Non-State Actors
- ICC Statute and Principle of Complementarity
- Universalization of Jurisdiction under International Law
- International Environmental Law
- The Present and Future of The Outer Space Environment Laws
- Need for Stricter Regulations of Transnational Environmental Crime
- Environmental Sustainability whilst the Downfall of UNFCCC
- Legal Framework and Policies on Toxic Waste Dumping
- International Commercial Arbitration
- Enforcement Challenges to Foreign Awards
- Can the DIFC Arbitration Model be Applicable in India?
- International Commercial Arbitration and Anti-Suit Injunctions
- Judicial Interference and Independence of Arbitral Tribunal
- Intellectual Property Rights & International Law
- Expanding the Scope of Article 23 of Trips: The debate regarding Enhanced Protection beyond "Wines and Spirits"
- Compulsory Licensing in India and USA: A comparative critique
- Patent Pools and Competition Law: A Discussion on Parallel Imports and Cross Licensing
- International Registration of Trademarks: How International is it?
- Anti-trust / Competition Law
- Corporate Anti-trust Compliance and Ethics: An International Perspective
- Competition Law and E-commerce: Recent Trends
- Mergers and Competition Law: A Cross Jurisdictional Study
- Competition Law in consonance with Consumer Law: Recent Developments
- Author(s) have to send an abstract of the Paper within 500 words, accompanied with five keywords by 28th November 2015, 23:59 hours. Information of the selected abstracts will be intimated to the author(s) by 30th November, 2015 and they will be eligible to present their Paper during the Symposium.
- Author(s) of selected abstracts have to submit the final paper by 5th January 2016, 23:59 hours.
- Co-authorship of maximum two authors per Paper is allowed.
- The author(s) will send a separate Cover Letter with their final papers incorporating details like name(s), affiliated college, full postal address, email id and contact number along with the title of the Paper. The Paper should not contain any biographical references of the author (s).
- All Papers should be made via email to email@example.com in .doc or .docx format. The subject of the email should be "Symposium on International Law - [Title of the Paper]". The name of the Paper will be the "Title of the Paper".
- All Papers must be an original work of the author(s). Plagiarism will lead to cancellation of the Paper.
Structure of the Abstract:
- Title: Font - Times New Roman; Size - 18; Line Spacing - 1.5; Alignment - Center; Uppercase; Bold face
- Body: Font - Times New Roman; Size - 12; Line Spacing - 1.5; Alignment - Justified; Margins - 1 inch on all sides
- Details of the Author(s): Names, affiliated college, email id and contact number to be furnished at the end of the Abstract
Structure of the Final Paper:
- The first page of the Final Paper must be the Abstract without the contact details of the author(s)
- The length of the Paper should not exceed the limit of 6,000 words (exclusive of footnotes). Authors are requested to stick to the word limit. Violation of this rule will attract deduction of marks.
- All the pages of the Final Paper will have Margin of 1 inch on all sides
- Main Title of the Paper: Font - Times New Roman; Size - 18; Line Spacing - 1.5; Alignment - Center; Uppercase; Bold face
- Body: Font - Times New Roman; Size - 12; Line Spacing - 1.5; Alignment - Justified;
- Heading One: Font - Times New Roman; Size - 16; Line Spacing - 1.5; Alignment - Justified; Uppercase;
- Heading Two: Font - Times New Roman; Size - 14; Line Spacing - 1.5; Alignment - Justified; Uppercase;
- Heading Three: Font - Times New Roman; Size - 14; Line Spacing - 1.5; Alignment - Justified; Uppercase;
- Footnote: Font - Times New Roman; Size - 10; Line Spacing - 1; Alignment - Justified;
- The Rules of Citation as prescribed by the Oxford Standard for Citation of Legal Authorities (OSCOLA), 4th Edition are to be followed.
- Tables or figures, if any, must contain titles.
Registration for Conference opens:
25th November, 2015
Deadline for submission of abstracts:
28th November, 2015
Intimation of the selected abstracts:
30th November, 2015
Registration for Conference closes:
30th December, 2015
Deadline for submission of final papers:
5th January, 2016
Inauguration of the Conference:
15th January, 2016
Symposium on International Law:
16th January, 2016
Ms. Ananya Chakraborty
Assistant Professor of Law
Mr. Nitesh Sharma
Mr. Shreyan Sengupta
KIIT School of Law
Campus XVI, KIIT University,
Patia, Bhubaneswar - 751024