Seminar on "Criminology, Crime and the Criminal Justice System: An Insight in the Contemporary age of Science and Technology"
College of Legal Studies, University of Petroleum & Energy Studies, Dehradun is going to organize a Seminar on "Criminology, Crime and the Criminal Justice System: An Insight in the Contemporary Age of Science and Technology".
Date: 21st - 22nd November, 2015
Call for Papers:
We cordially invite the academicians, researchers, representatives of the Civil Society and student research scholars to submit their research papers on the sub-themes to be covered in different technical sessions during the National Seminar in "Criminology, Crime and Criminal Justice System: An Insight in the Contemporary Age of Science and Technology".
- Race, Ethnicity, Social Structure and Crime
- Technology, Crime and its changing Patterns
- Cross-border and Transnational Crimes: Complexities
- Dilemmas in Criminology and Criminal Justice
- Criminal Justice Technology in 21st Century - Crime Prevention and Policing
- Trends and Issues in Crime and Criminal Justice
- Contemporary Crime discourse and depiction
Submissions are to be made only in electronic form. The same may be e-mailed to email@example.com (in MS Word format) along with a covering letter addressed to the Organizing Committee.
A brief summary of paper not exceeding 500 words including objective, methodology, finding, implication, limitations and key words must be submitted. The abstract must be typed on A4-sheet in Word Document Format typed in Times New Roman in 12 font size with 1.5 line spacing. The abstract should contain personal details of the author(s) in the order mentioned below.
- Title of the Paper
- Name of the Author(s)
- Institute / University / College / Organization
- Contact Number
- Address(es) of the Author
Kindly indicate the name of the corresponding author in case of two or more authors. All abstracts will be peer reviewed and evaluated on the basis of originality, research rigor, relevance to the conference, and contribution to the theory and practice.
The full paper must be typed on A4- sheet in MS Word Document, Times New Roman, 12 font size with 1.5 line spacing. Ideally the length of the paper should not exceed 6000 words excluding tables and references. Cover page of the final paper should indicate the title of the paper and an abstract, and contain personal details of the author(s). The main text should begin from the next page.
We encourage potential contributors to adhere to a uniform mode of citation throughout the whole work. All queries may be directed to the above-mentioned email address.
Rules for the Participates:
- No abstract or full paper shall be accepted after the last date of submission respectively.
- Participants / Paper Presenters have to register after the acceptance of abstract with payment of required fees to be deposited in the bank account.
- For participation, registration is mandatory on confirmation of the participation. Only registered participants will be allowed to take part in National Seminar.
- All the registered participants will be provided a participation certificate, conference kit, lunch and tea.
- Limited free accommodation during the conference is available on first come first serve basis. Please indicate your need for such services in Registration Form. Otherwise the participants have to make their own arrangement for Accommodation. No TA / DA will be provided to participants. No accommodation will be provided to accompanying person who is participating or presenting paper in seminar.
- All Co-authors have to register separately.
- Participation / Presentation or both for Academicians / Organization Representative: Rs. 2000/-
- Research Scholars / Students / Others: Rs. 1500/-
Last date of submission of Abstract:
20th October, 2015
Intimation of Acceptance of Abstract:
25th October, 2015
Last date of Full Paper Submission:
14th November, 2015
Last date of Registration:
30th October, 2015
Dr. Saroi Bohra
Dr. Vinita Singh
Ms. Pallavi Arora
University of Petroleum & Energy Studies, Dehradun
P.O. Kandoli Via-Prem Nagar,
Dehradun - 248007
Phone: 0135-2102647, 0135-2102760