Research Writing Competition on Mergers & Acquisitions: Contemporary Issues and Challenges
GNLU Khaitan & Co. fellowship in collaboration with GNLU Centre for Corporate & Competition Law (GCCCL), Gujarat National Law University, Gandhinagar is pleased to announce Research Writing Competition on the theme "Mergers & Acquisitions: Contemporary Issues and Challenges".
This Competition attempts to provide a platform for the law students for expressing their views on various aspects of Mergers and Acquisitions and recent developments taking place across the India which affects the Indian position.
Participant must be an enrolled student of Under Graduate Student of Law (3/5 year) or Post Graduate Student of Law (1/2 year).
Research writing is distinct in approach and technique. The information describes the various stages of research writing and offers suggestions for approaching it. Major elements to be covered under Research Writing are: Analysis of the theme, argument on legal issues & development, argument on issues in fact and in depth research etc. The writers have to mention essentially the following four points in the Research Writing
- Research Problem
- Two central research questions
- Research findings.
Themes of Research Writing Competition:
- Cross Border Mergers
- Banking Mergers
- Takeover and Regulatory Issues in India
- Competition Issues in M & A
- Due Diligence in M & A
- The Research Writing must be submitted in English Language only.
- The Research Writing should be typed in Times New Roman, Font Size 12 with line spacing of 1.5 and margins should be 1" or 2.54 cm on all sides.
- The footnotes must be in Times New Roman, Font size 10 and line spacing of 1.
- The citation must be according to OSCOLA 4th Edition Format style (available at http://www.law.ox.ac.uk/published/OSCOLA_4th_edn.pdf ).
- The minimum word limit for the Research Writing is 4000 words and maximum word limit is 6000 words (excluding footnotes).
- Co-authorships are not allowed.
- Multiple entries by the same author are not permitted.
- Only original work is invited and any kind of plagiarism will lead to disqualification.
- The Research Writing published elsewhere or selected for publication shall be disqualified.
- The Research Writing can be sent in '.doc' or '.docx' format only.
- Scanned Copy of College / University ID card must also be sent along with the submission.
- The Research Writing submitted shall be the property of Gujarat National Law University.
- A Committee of Experts shall be the Jury to select the winning entries.
- GNLU reserves the rights to modify any of the terms and conditions as it deems fit.
- GNLU reserves the right to cancel, defer, or postpone indefinitely, the competition in the event of the accruing of any incident, natural or man-made.
- The participant must send entry after attaching the Registration and Declaration form.
- The decision of the GNLU or Jury with regard to the competition, eligibility, submissions, selection criteria, results, or any other matter shall be final and binding.
- The participants are required to send the following details in a separate word document along with the Research Writing with a covering letter:
- Name of the College / Institute /University
- Programme Enrolled & Year
- Email id
- Contact No.
The last date for Submissions is 15th December, 2015.
Dr. Mamata Biswal
Center Director (GCCCL)
Mr. Abhay Lunia
Research Associate (M & A)
(GNLU-Khaitan & Co. Fellowship)
Gujarat National Law University,
Attalika Avenue, Knowledge Corridor,
Koba Gandhinager - 382007
Download Brochure, Registration Form