International Seminar on Human Rights, Civil Society and the Changing Facets of Terrorism 2015
Geeta Institute of Law is going to organize an International Seminar on Human Rights, Civil Society and the Changing Facets of Terrorism.
Date: 21st November, 2015
Terrorism is a menace that has marked its existence in most primitive of the societies and is still prevalent in contemporary world. Terrorism has spread its wings across different parts of the world. The terrorist organisations have developed with time in different aspects. Their impact is very indigenous and global at the same time. Their methods of operation and their functioning have also evolved at different levels. In this environment, the role of Law, International Organisations and that of Civil Society also need to evolve to a level where they are empowered to effectively combat this menace effectively and at the same time assure that the rights of those affected by such terrorist activity and affected while combating such activity can be protected.
Therefore, GIL endeavours to provide platform to academicians, thinkers and students from around the globe to discuss, deliberate and debate and contemplate solutions to this issue which is pertinent, relevant and imperative in contemporary society.
- Counter-terrorism and Human Rights
- Neglect of Human Rights: A Fertile Grounds for breeding Terrorism
- The old and the new terrorism
- Globalization of terrorism
- International Organisations and Terrorism
- State sponsored terrorism
The abstract should not exceed 300 words and must be accompanied by a cover page stating the following:-
- Title of the Paper
- Name of the Author(s)
- Email address
- Postal address and
- Contact Number
- Full Research Paper:
- The paper should not exceed 6000 words (exclusive of footnotes)
- Co-authorship is permitted with a maximum of two authors only.
- In case of co-authorship at least one author must attend the seminar to present the paper.
- In case a student is presenting the paper of the faculty member, he/she shall be allowed only if they have co-authored the paper.
- The main text should be in Times New Roman with font size 12 and spacing of 1.5.
- The footnotes should be in Times New Roman, font size 10 with single line spacing.
- One inch margins on all sides should be maintained.
- Citation style: Bluebook 20th Edition
The paper must be accompanied with the scanned copies of the duly filled Registration form, DD details, cover page, the details of which are mentioned in the abstract guidelines.
All submissions must be the author's original and unpublished work. Plagiarized submissions will be disqualified.
- For Students (Category I)
- Indian: Rs. 1000/-
- Foreign National: US$ 50
- Faculty, Research Scholars and other professionals (Category II)
- Indian: Rs. 2000/-
- Foreign Nationals: US$ 70
- Registration fee includes seminar kit, tea and lunch.
- The conference proceedings shall be published in the souvenir with the abstracts of the selected paper.
- The peer reviewed selected paper will be published in the Institute's Journal (ISSN No. 2278-6775 ):
- All the delegates are requested to bring one hard copy of the original Full Paper and ID Proof along with them.
The Demand Draft is to be drawn in favour of "Geeta Institute of law" payable at Panipat.
Note: Registration fee is not refundable. The institution will not provide any TA/DA.
Accommodation may be arranged in local star hotels on actual payment basis. However, request in this regard shall be made earlier. Charges for the same will be 1500/- person.
Last date for Submission of Abstract extended to
9th November, 2015
Submission of Full paper, Demand Draft and Registration form (only Soft copies of all)
12th November, 2015
21st November, 2015
Dr. Rashmi Nagpal
Dean, Geeta Institute of Law
Phone: +91-9416013377, +91-9896036400
Mr. Neeraj Thakkar
Asst. Professor, Geeta Institute of Law
Mr. Shashank Kumar
Seminar Co-ordinator & Asst. Professor,
Geeta Institute of Law
Geeta Institute of Law
G.T. Road, Karhans, Samalkha, Panipat,