GNLU - Certificate Course on Expanding Horizons of Fundamental Rights in India
The Centre for Constitutional and Administrative Law at Gujarat National Law University is going to conduct a Certificate Course on Expanding Horizons of Fundamental Rights in India.
Date: 24th - 27th September, 2015
About The Course:
The Constitution of India is primarily shaped and moulded for the common man. Civil liberties are the key-stone of the Constitution. The purpose of enumerating fundamental rights in the constitution is to ensure freedom of individual and the dignity of man. These fundamental rights are important as they possess intrinsic value. Part III of the Constitution does not confer any fundamental rights. It confirms their existence and gives them protection.
In delegating to the legislature, the executive and the judiciary their respective powers in the Constitution, the people reserved to themselves certain fundamental rights because they have been retained by the people and made paramount to the delegated powers. They deserve to be written, not on the paper, but on the hearts and minds of the citizens. This course aims to achieve the above said objective.
This course offers a comprehensive and basic understanding of fundamental rights in India. It covers landmark and latest judgments of Supreme Court of India and also deals with the contemporary issues relating to fundamental rights.
Objective of the Course:
- To give a basic understanding of fundamental rights
- To familiarize with the landmark and latest judgment of Supreme Court
- To apprise the contemporary issues related to fundamental rights
- To cultivate the ability to identify latent constitutional issues related to fundamental rights
- To analyse and evaluate the contribution of judiciary in interpreting the fundamental rights
Who should Attend?
The course is primarily designed for:
- Law Students
- Civil Service Aspirants
- People working with NGOs
Note: A minimum number of 25 to a maximum of 35 participants will be accepted on a first come first serve basis.
- GNLU Participants: Rs. 1000/-
- Others: Rs. 1500/-
Note: The fees one deposited shall not be refunded. The fees include registration fee, tuition fee and course kit. Additional charges would apply for meals; break fasts, lunch, and accommodation (at GNLU Guest House) etc.
How to Apply:
- Limited seats are available. Interested candidates can register for this certificate course by sending the registration form along with Demand Draft from a Nationalized Bank in favour of "Gujarat National Law University" payable at Ahmedabad.
- Mention your Name, Email ID and Contact Number on the backside of the Demand Draft.
The last date for registration is 18th September, 2015.
Mr. Avinash Bhagi
Assistant Professor of Law
Mr. Shashi Bhushan Sharma
Research Associate (Law)
Gujarat National Law University
Attalika Avenue, Knowledge Corridor
Gujarat - 382007
Download Brochure, Registration Form