2nd ILS National Alternate Judgment Writing Competition 2015-16
ILS Pune is going to organize the 2nd National Alternate Judgment Writing Competition 2015-16
- Any Law College or Law University can send only one entry.
- The team of student researchers shall consist of 3 members. The student authors of the alternate judgment shall be pursuing the 5-year or 3-year law course.
The Alternate Judgment:
The subject of the alternate judgment writing is the Supreme Court order in D.K. Aruna Vs. State of Telangana and ors [Writ Petition No. 512/2015]. A copy of the mentioned order has been attached. The teams may refer to the following link for further details of the order:
The Alternate Judgment may be submitted as follows:
- Language: English
- Word limit: 4000 words (including foot notes)
- Format: MSWord
- Font: Times New Roman
- Font size: 12 for text, 10 for footnotes
- Page numbers: bottom center
- A cover page stating the name of the competition, the name of your Institution and the names of student authors, with the signatures of each student author
- The Alternate Judgment shall begin on the next page.
- Do not state any matter in the Alternate Judgment (except the cover page) that might reveal your identity or your institution.
To register for the competition
- Prepare and print the Alternate Judgment
- Pay registration fees of Rs. 500/- by Demand Draft drawn on a Nationalized Bank in favor of 'Principal, ILS Law College'
- Prepare a covering letter by typing in bold the Title of the Competition as Subject. This letter shall contain the details of the Student Researchers of the team and should be signed by the Head of the Institution or Department, stating
- Name of your Institution,
- Email and local address of your Institution
- Names, emails, mobile / telephone numbers of each student author,
- Photographs and signatures of each student author.
- Post the copy of the Alternate Judgment, Demand Draft and covering letter to the following address:
Principal, [in the care of Centre for Public Law],
ILS Law College, Law College Road (Chiplunkar Road),
Pune - 411004, Maharashtra, India
- Also send a Scanned copy of your Demand Draft and a soft copy of your Alternate Judgment in MS Word format by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, with "Second Alternate Judgment 2016" in the subject of the mail.
- The printed and soft copy of the Draft of the Alternate Judgment and Demand Draft of Rs. 500/- must reach us on or before 1st December, 2015.
Ms. Aishwarya Gupta
Ms. Gauri Shidhaye
Mr. Manav Mutneja
Ms. Akrity Abhilasha