National Seminar on Access to Justice in India
Army Institute of Law, Mohali is going to organizing a one day National Seminar on "Access to Justice in India".
Date: 7th November, 2015
About the Seminar:
The aim of the Seminar is to bring together experts, academicians and professionals to share ideas and deliberate on the new emerging issues and to find solutions to the problems. The deliberations at the National Seminar will be an opportunity to examine law-related issues from varied perspectives of a broad range of disciplines.
We at the Army Institute of Law believe that it is the spirit, and not just the form of law that keeps the flame of Justice burning in the largest democracy of the world. However, its virtues of independence, impartiality or unassailable integrity lose much of their luster in the absence of 'accessibility' for injustice anywhere, is a threat to justice everywhere. Access to justice refers broadly to the access that citizens have to dispute resolution tools of justice including but not limited to courts.
Effective access to justice does not only refer to reductions in costs, access to lawyers and access to courts; but rather, it is a broad term that refers more generally to the efficaciousness of a justice system in meeting the dispute resolution needs of its citizens from all the varied spheres of life and this is what requires an in-depth critical analysis, inquiry and systematization which is the essence of the National Seminar.
Call for Papers:
- Abstract:The abstract should not exceed 300 words and must be accompanied by a cover page stating the following:
- Title of the Paper
- Name of the Author(s)
- Email address
- Postal address
- Contact Number
- Full Research Paper:
- The paper should not exceed 5000 words (exclusive of footnotes)
- Co-authorship is permitted with a maximum of two authors only.
- In case of co-authorship at least one author must attend the seminar to present the paper.
- In case a student is presenting the paper of a faculty member, the same shall be allowed only if the student has co- authored the paper.
- The main text should be in Times New Roman with font size 12 and spacing of 1.5.
- The footnotes should be in Times New Roman, font size 10 with single spacing.
- One inch margins on all sides should be maintained.
- Citation style: Blue Book, 19th Edition
- The paper must be accompanied with the scanned copies of the filled in Registration form, Demand Draft details, and the cover page, the details of which are mentioned in the abstract guidelines.
- All submissions must be the author's original and unpublished work.
- Plagiarized submissions will be disqualified.
- Single Author: Rs. 1500/-.
- Co-author: Rs. 2000/-
- Additional Rs. 1000/- per person in case accommodation is required.
- This includes seminar material, lunch and refreshments etc during the seminar.
- All the delegates are requested to bring one hard copy of the original Full Paper, Demand Draft and ID Proof at the time of Registration.
- The Demand Draft is to be drawn in favor of Army Institute of Law payable at Mohali / Chandigarh.
Method of Submission:
All submissions for the seminar have to be electronically mailed with the subject column as 'Submission - abstract / full paper as the case may be and bearing the name (s) of the author(s) as the file name, only at the following e-mail address: email@example.com
Submission of Abstract:
10th October, 2015
Confirmation of Abstract:
15th October, 2015
Submission of Full paper, Demand Draft and Registration form (only Soft copies of all):
20th October, 2015
7th November, 2015
Dr. Tejinder Kaur
Dr. Kamaljit Kaur
Mrs. Seema Gupta
Ms. Fury Jain
Ms. Ahat Sharma
Ms. Gurnoor Sandhu
Mr. Gaurav Hooda
Mr. Gaurav Singh Bhatti
Army Institute of Law
Sector - 68, Mohali
Punjab - 160062