Winter Certificate Course on Nuclear Law
Nuclear Law Association India and TERI University, New Delhi are jointly organizing the "Winter Certificate Course on Nuclear Law".
Date: 11th - 16th January, 2016
Venue: TERI University, Institutional Area, Vasant Kunj, New Delhi
The objective of the NLA-TU Winter Course is to familiarize the participants with:
- Basic understanding of Nuclear Science and Technology
- The legal history and International engagement, with a focus on Global South
- The functioning of a nuclear power plant
- The IAEA - its history, codes and guidelines and International Nuclear Treaties
- Regulatory structures and liability regimes of select jurisdictions
- India's Nuclear Laws and regulatory processes, siting and consent procedures, environmental law and judicial decisions in India
Study Trip to Narora Nuclear Power Plant:
In association with the Nuclear Power Corporation of India Ltd. (NPCIL), a technical study trip to the Narora Nuclear Power Plant in UP is planned. The trip is only for Indian Nationals.
Faculty (Legal, Scientific, Industry and Diplomacy Professionals) are from:
- International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA)
- Department of Atomic Energy (India)
- OECD - Nuclear Energy Agency (OECD-NEA)
- Diplomats, lawyers, Nuclear Insurance Industry and research Institutes
Participants (max. 35):
- Lawyers, legal advisers and Counsels;
- Nuclear scientists, policy makers, and officials from various Nuclear Institutions;
- Representatives from regulatory Institutions and company professionals;
- Social science researchers and faculty;
- Law professors and researchers; and
- PhD students, and 4th and 5th year Law Students.
- Rs. 25,000 per person
- Rs. 60,000 for three persons from the same organization.
- Rs. 10,000 for NLA members
- Rs. 5000 for Students
The above rates are applicable for participants, who confirm their enrolment before 1st January, 2016. 25% increase in all mentioned rates will apply after this date.
The fee includes - lunch and tea for the duration of the course, the course materials and travel to the Narora Nuclear Power Plant. Accommodation is not covered.
Based on request, accommodation assistance will be provided.
Dr. M.P. Ram Mohan
TERI University, New Delhi
Dr. R. Rajesh Babu
Indian Institute of Management, Kolkata
Ms. Rishika Singh
Lawyer and Researcher
Mr. Vikas Bhati
Plot No. 10 Institutional Area,
Vasant Kunj, New Delhi - 110070
Phone: +91-11-71800222 (25 lines)