International Journal on Consumer Law and Practice (Vol. IV): Call for Papers
The Chair on Consumer Law and Practice is established by the Ministry of Consumer Affairs, Food & Public Distribution, Department of Consumer Affairs, Government of India, New Delhi at National Law School of India University, Bengaluru. It has come out with an International Journal entitled "International Journal on Consumer Law and Practice" under the aegis of Prof. (Dr.) Ashok R. Patil, Chair Professor, Chair on Consumer Law & Practice, NLSIU.
It is an annual peer reviewed journal which seeks to provide a forum for engaging in discussions on varied issues of National and International issues on Consumer Protection Laws. Following the second successful volume of the Journal and in continuance of the endeavor to encourage academic discourse and legal scholarship, the Board of Editors invites submissions for the third volume. The journal welcomes contributions from academicians, practitioners, students of law and allied fields.
Consumer Protection laws are social in nature so it is intended that the journal will not be a just helpful tool to students of Consumer Protection Law and academicians across the country, but it is also intended as a source of information for NGOs, Bar & the Bench and layman also. Basic purpose of this journal is to provide recent and relevant information of National and International to the consumers. The articles sought to be published, therefore, must be relevant, up-to-date, and of interest to the all stakeholders.
Call for Papers:
The peer-reviewed annual journal "International Journal on Consumer Law and Practice" solicits high quality articles pertaining to National and International Consumer Protection issues. The Editorial Board, NLSIU is responsible for selecting and editing content as well as contributing occasional notes and comments.
- The Journal firmly believes in the importance of originality of ideas and therefore any material submitted to the Journal should not have been published elsewhere.
- If the submission is under consideration elsewhere, the author should inform the Editorial Board.
- Co-authorship is permitted.
- All submissions will be run through anti-plagiarism software and plagiarism in any form will result in instant rejection of the submission.
- The decision of the Board of Editors regarding publishing the piece is final and binding.
- The Editorial Board shall not be responsible for any material that is libelous or scandalous.
- The author shall be presumed to have obtained necessary permissions from cited authors in case a cited work is unpublished.
Submissions may be in form of original, unpublished Articles, Essay, Notes, Case Comments, and Book Reviews. All submissions must be accompanied by an abstract of not more than 250 words. The abstract must highlight the importance of the issue, main arguments and the conclusions of the article.
Word limit varies according to the nature of the contributions. The word limit insisted is exclusive of footnotes / end notes and references.
- Article: An Article should be between 4,000 - 5,000 words containing a comprehensive study of the theme indicating the lacunae in the present Consumer Protection Laws with suggestions and recommendations.
- Essay: An Essay is more concise than article specifically dealing with the challenges to the problems consisting between 3,000 - 4,000 words.
- Note: A Note shall be on any contemporary issue with concrete analysis from the part of the author along with solutions to the issue and the same shall not exceed 2,500 words.
- Case Comment: A Case Comment is an analysis of the landmark judgment where the author has to critically deal with the case and put forward his remarks on the issues dealt within. The word limit for case comment is restricted to 2,500 - 3,000 word.
- Book Review: A Book Review is where a literary work is criticized on the basis of its content and merit shall not exceed 2,000 words.
- The body of the contribution should be in Times New Roman, size I 2 and in 1.5 spacing. The footnotes and references should be in Times New Roman, size 10 and in single spacing.
- The citation style must conform to The Blue Book: A Uniform System of Citation (Columbia Law Review Ass'n etal. eds., 19th Edition. 2010)
About The Authors:
A small biographical paragraph describing the Name, E-mail address, Postal Address, Contact number, author's position, research interest and recent publication should accompany the manuscript in a covering letter.
All submissions should be made electronically in the form of a MS Word (.doc) file at firstname.lastname@example.org and at the same time the authors are requested to send the hard copy along with the CD to the below mentioned postal address.
Authors can submit their manuscripts on or before 31st May, 2016.
Prof. Ashok R. Patil
Chair Professor, Chair on Consumer Law & Practice
(Ministry of Consumer Affairs, Government of India)
National Law School of India
PO Box 7201, Nagarbhavi,
Bangalore - 560 242
Phone: 080 - 23160532, 080 - 23397526
Fax: 080 - 23160534