Kachwaha & Partners Article Writing Competition Fourth Edition
To stimulate interest and foster growth in the subject of arbitrations, Kachwaha & Partners initiated an all India article writing competition on the subject of Arbitrations ("arb excel") in 2011-12. Following the healthy response, the event was made an annual feature and the third edition was held in 2013-2014.
A unique feature of this competition has been no prescribed topic or indeed even a theme. Participants are absolutely free to choose a subject of their choice (within the realm of Arbitration).
- The competition is open for the 3rd, 4th and 5th year students in the five year law course and the 2nd and final year students in the three year law course.
- It is not open to LL.M students.
- All submissions should be made in an electronic form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The participants are required to submit two separate attachments. Attachment 1 should contain the following documents:
- Proof of author having met the eligibility criteria (e.g. college identity card; certificate from the Head of Institute).
- Self-declaration by the participant that the work submitted is original in all respects
- Self-certificate that the work has not yet been published or otherwise put in the public domain.
- The article should be submitted as Attachment 2 in a word format along with the following documents in the sequence mentioned below:
- Page 1 - Title page
- Page 2 - Short extract / Summary of the Article
- The Title page should have the following details:
- Article title
- Author's name and contact particulars
- College name and address
- Email id for future correspondence
- The summary / short extract should not exceed 250 words (which would not be counted in the word limit for main article).
- The co-ordinators will within five working days acknowledge receipt of the article. If you do not receive an acknowledgment, please contact the co-ordinators.
Word limit and Formatting:
- Article length should be between 3500 - 4500 words (excluding footnotes).
- The article should be submitted in word format only.
- The article and extract should be written in 12 pt calibri font with 1 inch margin on all sides, 1.5 paragraph spacing and a footer numbering pages as "page x of y".
- Footnotes should be on the same page. Authors should not use supra, infra, ibid and should give full reference of the citation / authority / reference etc. wherever applicable.
- Avoid extensive footnotes or extensive quotations. Reference or paraphrasing of thoughts and ideas from standard works are acceptable without quotations, provided they are duly acknowledged in footnotes or otherwise as may be suitable.
- Each article must reflect author's own research, writing and original thinking.
- Articles will be evaluated on the basis of original thinking, grasp of the subject, writing skills and choice of topic. The articles will be judged by the partners of the firm.
- Any copyright infringement / plagiarism shall result in automatic disqualification. The firm reserves the right to recall any prize if it is discovered later that the article suffered from any copyright infringement / plagiarism. Please do make full disclosure if the article is largely a result of a project in which the author was involved with the others.
- All rights including copyright will vest with the author. The firm will not publish any entry for public viewing but may publish a summary of the prize winning entries on their website.
- Each participant can submit one article only.
- Joint submission and co-authorship is not acceptable.
- The firm will preserve the entries for six months and may delete the same thereafter.
- The decision of the firm shall be final and binding on all participants.
- Participants are deemed to have read and fully understood all terms and conditions at the time of submission of entry.
- The firm may give feedback to prize winning entries on a confidential basis.
- The queries, if any, must be sent latest by 1st July, 2015. Queries sent thereafter will not be entertained by the Co-ordinators.
- Queries can be addressed to the Program Co-ordinator, Ms. Ankit Khushu at email@example.com.
There are no registration fees and registration is automatic at the time of receipt of the article as per the Rules.
Commencement of Submission:
15th July, 2015
Last date for Submission:
31st August, 2015
Declaration of Results:
15th October, 2015
Ms. Ankit Khushu
1/6, Shanti Niketan
New Delhi - 110021