GNLU - Intensive Training Program on International Ship and Port Facility Security
Gujarat National Law University is going to organize an Intensive Training Program on "International Ship and Port Facility Security".
Date: 25th - 27th September, 2015
Venue: Gujarat National Law University
Aims and Objectives:
The course is of value to everyone assigned as a security officer who is responsible for overseeing fleet security and safety. This intensive course is designed to provide comprehensive knowledge of the Code to the port, company and ship security officers assigned with specific responsibilities under the ISPS Code. By the end of this course the participants will learn to:
- Organize and undertake ship security assessments, implementing the findings into the ship security plan
- Enhance security awareness and vigilance while ensuring security communication and co-operation between the ship's crew, company personnel and contracting governments.
- Assess security drills, exercises and the roles of the crew.
- Co-ordinate and ensure the security of cargo handling operations.
- Undertake internal audits and reviewing security activities.
Maximum 40-50 participants from:
- Serving officers of any maritime security agency
- Officers from port and shipping company
- Officers of Maritime Boards from different states
- Officers of Indian Navy, Indian Coast Guard
- Practitioners, Researchers, Scholars and Students of the related field
- Participants from India: INR 8000/-
- Participants from Foreign: USD $200
Note: the fee includes registration, training fee, boarding, and lodging.
Modes of Payment:
Demand Draft in favour of the "Gujarat National Law University" payable at Ahmedabad/
The last date for submission of Application is 31st August, 2015
Mr. Chhote Lal Yadav
Research Associate (Maritime Laws)
Gujarat National Law University,
Attalika Avenue, Knowledge Corridor, Koba
Gandhinagar - 382007(Gujarat), India
Phone: + 91-8511188723, + 91-9978955773.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com