GNLU - Certificate Course on Arbitration
Applications are invited from eligible candidates for admission to the Certificate Course on Arbitration at Gujarat National Law University.
Date: 6th - 9th August, 2015
About the Course:
Arbitration, a form of Alternative dispute resolution (ADR), is a technique for the resolution of disputes outside the courts. The parties to a dispute refer it to arbitration by one or more persons (the "arbitrators" "arbiters" or "arbitral tribunal"), and agree to be bound by the arbitration decision (the "award"). A third party reviews the evidence in the case and imposes a decision that is legally binding on both sides and enforceable in the courts. In fact, Arbitration is the process in which disputants can resolve the dispute amicably.
This method can bring solutions of disputes as well as among disputants. The objective of the course is to make familiarize the participants with the legal framework of arbitration, arbitration procedure and arbitration practices, for stepping into the area of practice. It is also designed to cover practical aspects comprising case analysis and mock arbitral proceedings.
- To disseminate knowledge on Arbitration.
- To make participants understand and prefer the Arbitration as alternative dispute resolution.
Who can Participate?
- Legal personnel / Counsels and Legal Advisors
- Business Consultants / Advisors
- Students (pursuing full time undergraduate and postgraduate programmes in Law / Business Management / or any related field are eligible to register for this course)
NOTE: A minimum number of 10 to a maximum of 15 Participants will be accepted on a First Come First Served Basis.
- GNLU Participants: Rs. 1500/-
- Others: Rs. 2000/-
NOTE: The fee includes registration fee, tuition fee and course kit. Additional charges would apply for meals; break fasts, lunch, and accommodation (at GNLU Guest House) etc.
How to Apply:
- Each applicant shall have to fill-in and submit the Online Registration Form along with payment of requisite fees. The Registration Form is available on the University website.
- Payment Gateway: Kindly visit GNLU website for more information. www.gnlu.ac.in/gops/student/login-page.php
The last date for Registration is 31st July, 2015.
Mr. Shashi Bhushan Sharma
Gujarat National Law University
Knowledge Corridor, Koba,
Gandhinagar - 382007, Gujarat