NLIU Law Review (Vol. V, No.1): Call for Papers
NLIU Law Review is an endeavour by the students of National Law Institute University to encourage and inculcate, in the students, a spirit of legal research and develop their interest further in unexplored areas of law.
This bi-annual, peer-reviewed law journal is exclusively student-run under the able aegis of the University.
- Articles: [5000-10000 words]
- Case Notes:[2000-5000 words]
- Legislative Comments: [ 1000-3000 words]
- Book Reviews: [1000-3000 words]
Parameters of Evaluation:
- Contemporary Relevance:
The manuscript must touch upon a recent development in the particular field and should take into account the most recent case law, news or any other development which is worth mentioning in the area covered by the manuscript.
- Contribution to Knowledge:
Whether the author adds to the existing body of work and broadens the area of existing knowledge.
- Clarity and Logic in Analysis:
The flow of the content must be in the most logical manner and the thoughts should be conveyed with utmost clarity without any repetitions and circular arguments.
The language should be easy to understand but not too simplistic. There should be an appropriate usage of the legal terminology. The grammar and syntax should be correct.
- Methodology of Research:
The references must be appropriate and the sources should correspond with their relevant mention in the manuscript. The bibliography should include all such sources referred to by the author.
Whether any new idea or argument is put forward by the author and the relevance of author's recommendations and conclusion
- Submission should be accompanied with a covering letter including author's name, email ID, mobile number and college name.
- Submissions must be in electronic form sent via email.
- All submissions must be in .doc format. It must word processed and compatible with Microsoft Word 2003, 2007and 2010.
- Papers submitted must not be written by more than 2 authors.
- Papers must include an abstract of 250-300 words inclusive in the word limit.
- Title [Times New Roman, 13 points, 1.5 line spacing, Bold, All Caps, Centre Aligned]
- Author [High Tower Text, 13 points, 15 line spacing, Capitalize each word, Italics, Centre Aligned]
- Abstract [Times New Roman, 11 points, Single line spacing, Italics, Justified, Indentation 0.5 inch on either sides, 250-300 words]
- Heading Level 1 [Times New Roman, 12 points, 1.5 line spacing, Small Caps, Bold, Centre Align]
- Heading Level 2 [Times New Roman, 12 points, 1.5 line spacing, Capitalize each word, Italics, Centre Aligned]
- Heading Level 3 [Times New Roman, 12 points, 1.5 line spacing, Capitalize Each Word, Italics, Left Align]
- Main Body [Times New Roman, 11 points, 1.15 line spacing, Justified, Paragraphs - First Line 0.25 inch indention, 1 inch margins on all sides]
- Footnotes [Times New Roman, 9 points, 1 line spacing, Justified]
- Citations must conform to standards laid down in The Bluebook: A Uniform System of Citation (19th Ed. 2010).
- Submissions must use only footnotes as a form of citation. Substantive footnoting is permissible.
The last date for receiving the manuscripts is 31st July, 2015. All Submissions are to be made to email@example.com
National Law Institute University
Kerwa Dam Road,
Bhopal - 462O44