National Law University, Assam Law Review (NLUALR): Call for Papers
National Law University, Assam Law Review is students run Peer Review Journal. The Journal will be running under the faculty advisory committee of NLU, Assam. This is one of the flagship journals of National Law University, Assam. It has been established with the objective of becoming a formidable instrument in taking the standard of legal research in the country up by several notches. It is a bi-annual, student-edited journal focusing on inter-disciplinary and multi-disciplinary approaches towards legal writing.
The Journal aims to publish articles, case comments, book reviews on all aspects of law and related issues. Here, the special emphasis is placed on contemporary legal studies along with its foundational philosophical thoughts. Further believing in fact that NLUA Law Review is only of its kind in the region, hence, the legal issues related to North East Region are cordially invited.
The Journal aims at giving the opportunity to legal academia, research scholars, students, advocates and activists working for enhancement of legal scholarship. Hence, the Journal will serve as the platform for innovative thought sharing and will aim at contributing in dynamic growth of legal knowledge. Here participants can discuss / analyse the new contemporary legal changes in Law in the form of articles, cane notes, review articles etc.
The Editorial Committee of NLUA Law Review is inviting quality research papers from:
- Academicians and professionals (inter-disciplinary with law);
- Judges and Advocates;
- Research Scholars; and
- Students, if the editorial board deems it fit to be an extraordinary scholastic work.
Research paper should be thematic and identification of sub-themes will be highly appreciated. It should have proper research questions and should also reflect the findings.
The submission can be sent under the following categories:
- Research Papers (between 7000 and 10000 words, inclusive of footnotes):
Papers in this category are expected to engage with the theme comprehensively, examine literature comprehensively and offer an innovative re-assessment of the current understanding of that theme. It is advisable, though not necessary, to choose a theme that is of contemporary importance. Purely theoretical pieces are also welcome.
- Notes / Comments (between 3000 and 5000 words, inclusive of footnotes):
This section should include a thought provoking and innovative piece consisting chiefly of personal opinions and analysis.
- Case / Report Comments (between 2500 - 3000 words, inclusive of footnotes):
This part should entail an analysis of contemporary Indian or International judicial pronouncements relevant to the themes. It must identify and examine the line of cases in which the decision in question came about, and comment on implications for the evolution of that branch of law.
- Book / Reports Review (word limit is 2000 - 3000 for review of a book relevant to the themes):
The reviewer should identify the relevant arguments put forth by the author and present a comprehensive analysis of the same.
- Submissions should be in Times New Roman, 12 font size with 1.5 line spacing, justified text and 1 inch margins on all sides of an A4 sheet besides the centre aligned page number at the bottom of each page.
- Footnotes should be in Times New Roman, 10 font size with 1.0 line spacing.
- Endnotes are not allowed.
- Graphics, Charts, Tables, and Diagrams should be numbered consecutively and included in the body of the work. Submission must be compatible with Microsoft Word.
Headings should follow the following standard:
- LEVEL 1 HEADING: All Capitals & Bold;
- LEVEL 2 SUB-HEADING First Letter CAPITAL & BOLD;
- Level 3 Sub-Sub-Heading: First Letter CAPITAL & BOLD & ITALIC;
- Level 4 Sub-Sub-Sub-Heading: Normal
- Submissions must be emailed at email@example.com (preferably in .docx format) along with a covering letter addressed to Dr. Diptimoni Baruah (Faculty Advisor, NLUA Law Review Publication Committee 2015-2016). The covering letter should include the author's contact information and a short abstract (250-300 words) that outlines the main questions or themes addressed in the paper.
- Authors shall be required to submit an author profile, post submission of 200 words before their contribution can be considered for publication.
- The submission must be the original work of the authors. Any form of plagiarism will lead to disqualification.
- Submitted entries must not have been sent for consideration at any other place for presentation or publication.
- Co-authorship is allowed. Maximum number of Co-author for a submission shall only be one.
- Authors should provide their contact details, designation and institutional affiliation in the covering letter for the submission.
- Footnotes must conform to the Standard Indian Legal Citation Manual (SILC), Rules of legal citation.
- Copyright of all entries shall exclusively vest with NLU, Assam. The submission would imply that the author has assigned such rights to NLU, Assam.
All submissions will go through an initial round of scrutiny and shortlisted contributors will be informed by 25th July, 2015. We are exploring the possibility of organizing a writers' workshop if we receive a sufficient number of quality submissions.
Please note that we will make the final selection of contributions on the basis of comments received from external reviewers. We expect the selected contributors to incorporate this feedback. We aim to publish this issue in August 2015. A hard copy of this issue as well as a letter of acknowledgement will be sent to each contributor.
The last date for the submission is 31st July, 2015.
Dr. Diptimoni Baruah
Faculty Advisor, NLUA Law Review
National Law University and Judicial Academy, Assam
NEJOTI Building, B.K. Kakati Road,
Bholanath Mandir Path,
Near State Bank of India (South Guwahati Branch),
Ulubari, Guwahati - 781007, Assam