Financial Training for Legal Professionals
Idex Legal is going to organize a Financial Training programme for Legal Professionals.
Date: 25th - 27th June, 2015
The growing complexities of International Commercial Transactions have led to a strong demand for lawyers and legal professionals who, along with a strong legal understanding, also have the commercial acumen to meet client requirements and offer business oriented solutions.
The Financial Training for legal professionals Lawyers programme has been created to address this issue. It is designed to enhance the financial acumen and analytical skills of lawyers practicing in the areas such as capital markets, M & A, corporate transactions and other related practices. The programme focuses on intuitive appreciation of the fundamental concepts of finance and the ability to understand how these concepts are useful for decision making.
By the end of the course, participants will gain a thorough understanding of basic financial and accounting concepts which will help them to better comprehend commercial and financial aspects of a transaction.
- Thorough understanding of financial statements and common finance vocabulary
- Importance of cash flows and how to relate it to the balance sheet
- Understand Compounding, Discounting, NPV and IRR
- Understand the rationale behind different capital structures
- Importance of lever age and its impact on earnings and earnings related ratios
- Valuing Target Company, evaluating bid and understanding reasons for different modes of payments in M & A transaction
- Examine and learn the tools of financial analysis
- Importance of various derivative products and how they are used by corporations to transform risk
- Investigate how a company's financial position drives financing decisions
- Importance of monetary and fiscal policies and their impact on inflation, exchange rates and interest rates
Who should attend?
- Corporate Lawyers
- In-house Counsel
- Legal Affairs Managers
- Legal Counsel
- Rs. 42,500/- + Tax per Delegate
Ms. Megha Bhardwaj
Mr. Vinay Patil