Amity National Symposium on "Competition Law in India"
Amity Law School, Delhi is going to organize a National Symposium on 'Competition Law in India"
Date: 21st August, 2015
Venue: Amity Law School, Delhi
Since its independence, India adopted a socialist pattern based on the Directive Principles of State Policy to prevent concentration of wealth and to maximize the maximum good of maximum number of people. Licensing policy led to the growth of Monopolistic industries resulting into Monopolistic, Restrictive and Unfair Trade Practices leading to the enactment of Monopolies and Restrictive Trade Practices Act. With the development of liberalization, privatization and globalization, MRTP Act was deficient to cope up with the economic reforms and led to the repeal of the same and the enactment of the Competition Act, 2002.
The Symposium aims to stress on the objective of Competition Law that is to maximise the consumer welfare by promoting competition by offering better quality products at lower prices. Competition is indisputably advantageous to all the market participants whether it is consumer or business, thereby accelerating the growth of the economy. Competitive Industry offers its consumers wider options to choose the product and that too at lower price. It also motivates producers to do maximum utilization of available resources and also to invent new technologies, thereby, to reduce cost of production and to enhance quality.
The subject-matter of competition law and its various arenas is a priority area for the Government, the Competition Commission of India and the larger global community. Hence, it is imperative that Universities and Institutions of Higher Education generate and disseminate knowledge and perspectives among various stakeholders regarding competition law reforms in India. With this objective, Amity Law School, Delhi proposes to hold a National Symposium on 'Competition Law in India'
Call for Papers:
Devoted to a theme that has continued to engage the attention of the intelligentsia for decades; this Symposium will discuss various issues related to competition law in India in a profound and substantive manner. The Organizing Committee of the First Amity National Symposium invites academic and policy papers on the thematic areas highlighted below:
- Competition Law and Abuse of Dominant position
- Anti-trust laws
- Competition Law and Intellectual Property Rights: Between the Market Place and Regulation
- Competition Law and Consumer Welfare.
Abstract Submission Guidelines:
The author(s) / researcher(s) have to submit the abstract by the stipulated date. Based on the abstract, the author(s) / researcher(s) will be informed about the selection and will be asked to submit the full paper. The Abstract should include:
- Title of the Abstract and Theme
- Name, Designation and Institution of Author(s) / Researcher(s), Email, Contact Number
- Abstract (Issues, Methodology, Value-addition and Usefulness of the research)
- The Abstract limit is up to 300 words. It must be typewritten in the Times New Roman, 12 Points, Line Spacing: 1.5 and justified alignment. No Footnotes shall be provided in the abstract.
- Keywords (5-6)
- All abstracts are to be submitted at email@example.com in .doc or .docx format with the subject titled as 'Abstract: Your Name(s) and College.'
- Author(s) are requested to fill the online registration via Google Forms.
- Co authorship of maximum two is allowed.
Paper Submission Guidelines:
The selected author(s) / researcher(s) will have to submit full paper by the stipulated date. The paper should have the cover page that will include:
- Title of the paper
- The Final Paper limit shall be not less than 3500 words and not more than 5000 words and must be typewritten in the Times New Roman, 12 Points, Line Spacing: 1.5 and justified alignment. All footnotes shall be in the Times New Roman, 10 Points, Line Spacing: 1 and justified alignment.
- Name, Designation and Institution of Author(s) / Researcher(s), Email, Contact number
- Footnotes should be used and not endnotes.
- The reference style to be used shall be OSCOLA (Oxford Standard for the Citation of Legal Authorities).
- All papers will be reviewed by the Editorial Board.
- Quotations over 50 words should be indented. Double quotation marks should be used; Single quotation marks should be used only for quotes within a quotation.
- All papers shall undergo a plagiarism check.
- The author(s) of the selected papers shall be presenting their papers in an interactive panel discussion, where the panelists shall be experts in the field of Competition Law from around India
- All full papers are to be submitted at firstname.lastname@example.org in .doc or .docx format with the subject titled as 'Full Paper: Your Name(s) and College' respectively.
- Abstracts of the selected papers shall be published in the form of an abstract book.
- The shortlisted papers will be reviewed separately for publication in Amity Law Review, which is a reputed refereed National Law Journal with an ISSN number.
- Copyright to all papers shall be with Amity Law School Delhi.
- All authors who get selected to participate in the symposium shall be awarded with the certificates.
- Best Paper shall be awarded with the cash prize.
Seminar Registration Fee:
- Demand Draft along with the selected papers should reach the Amity Law School, Delhi on or before 1st August, 2015. We would also request you to send scanned copies of the Demand Draft at email@example.com by 1st August, 2015.
- Demand Draft to be made in favour of the 'Amity Law School, Delhi' payable at New Delhi. It should be posted to The Director, Amity Law School Delhi, F-1 Block, Sector 125, Amity University Campus, Noida - 201303.
- The envelope should clearly state on top "Amity National Symposium, 2015".
- No TA/DA will be provided to the participants from the Organizing Committee. Registration fees to be paid as per the following guidelines:
- Ph.D Scholars: Rs. 750/-
- Students: Rs. 500 /-
- Academicians: Rs.750/-
- Experts/Professionals: Rs.750/-
20th June, 2015 11:59 pm
Notification of Selection:
15th July, 2015
Submission of Final Paper:
1st August, 2015
Date of the Symposium:
21st August, 2015
Dr. Reeta Garg
Faculty Co coordinator
Ms. Gurpreet Kaur
Faculty Co coordinator
Ms. Divya Patpatia
Mr. Anmol Khurana
Student Co Convener
Ms. Ambika Kalsi
Student Co Convener