ALSD Student Journal: Call for Papers
The ALSD Student Journal (ISSN 2249 - 4421), an initiative of the Student Journal Society of Amity Law School, Delhi (GGSIP University) welcomes submissions for Volume IV of the Journal. This issue will be on "International Trade Law" with a focus on its interaction with Environmental Law.
The ALSD Journal will be entertaining articles based on International Trade Law with an emphasis on its dynamic and relationship with Environmental Law. This journal will provide a forum to present the views of the Author on International Trade Law and the Environment.
The thematic areas, therefore, which may be explored by the authors include:
- Recent trends in trade of goods and services, in light of GATT and GATS.
- Attempts at international standardization of products' characteristics, based on performance, to eliminate trade barriers.
- Emergence of jurisprudence of TBT (Technical Barriers to Trade) and SPS (Sanitary and Phytosanitary Measures) agreements.
- Increasing trade capacity of Least Developed Countries (LDC)
- Exceptions to the MFN principle - anti-dumping measures, emergency measures to safeguard domestic industries, subsidies and countervailing duties.
Interaction of Trade and Environmental Law:
While we welcome papers on the aforementioned themes, the main focus of this journal nonetheless lies on the interaction of International Trade and Environmental Law. This particular theme has been inspired by recent trends the world over that necessitates the study of the Environment in a global light, keeping in mind the urgent and pertinent issues of Climate Change and Global Warming, as well as the inherent rights of flora and fauna.
States' regulatory authority for formulating measures for protection of the environment have been increasingly recognized by WTO, for not only are they provided as an exception to trade obligations in treaties, but in practise too, both the Panel and Appellate Body have accorded them recognition in recent cases. Additionally, authors may also trace attempts at analyzing pivotal environmental issues like sustainable development, green economy, climate change etc.
We welcome papers which not only discuss and analyse these issues, but also suggest practical solutions to these issues. Co-authorship is allowed up to a maximum of two authors. Manuscripts can be in the form of articles, essays, notes, case comments and book reviews.
- The body of the manuscript shall be in font size 12, Times New Roman, 1.5 line spacing.
- The footnotes shall be in font size 10, Times New Roman, 1.0 line spacing.
- Articles: 5,000 - 7,000 words
- Essays: 3,500 - 5,000 words
- Notes and Case comments: 2,000 - 3,000 words
- Book Reviews: 1,500 - 2,500 words
The word limit mentioned herein above is excluding footnoting.
In exceptional circumstances, if the manuscript exceeds the word limit, their publication may be allowed subject to the discretion of the Editorial Board.
Citations must be done in the footnotes and conform to the Bluebook: A Uniform System of Citation (19th Edition) style.
- All manuscripts must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject marked as "Submission for the ALSD Student Journal".
- The submissions shall be made in the form of a Microsoft Word document (preferably 2007 or 2010 format) along with a PDF document.
- All manuscripts must be preceded by a separate cover page containing the title of the manuscript, name of the author, year of study, course, college/university, and contact details. These details should not be mentioned anywhere in the body of the manuscript.
Deadline for Submission:
The last date for submission is 31st July, 2015 by 11:59 p.m.
The ALSD Student Journal
Amity Law School, Delhi (GGS IP University)
F-1 Block, Amity University Campus
Sector-125, Noida - 201303