Institute of Law, Nirma University - Admission 2015
Applications are invited from eligible candidates for admission at Institute of Law, Nirma University for the academic year 2015-16.
- B.A., LL.B. (Hons.)
- B.Com. LL.B. (Hons.)
- LL.M. Programme - One Year
- Doctoral Programme (Ph.D)
B.A. LL.B. (Hons.) & B.Com. LL.B. (Hons.):
- A candidate should have passed Higher Secondary/Intermediate Examinations (10+2) or its equivalent examinations with not less than 50% aggregate marks.
- Age of the candidate should not be more than 20 years as on 1st July, 2015.
Note: The candidates exceeding the upper age limit as mentioned shall also be eligible to submit their application online w.e.f 21st March, 2015 as per CLAT Notice for Upper Age Limit. The candidature of aforesaid candidates shall be subject to final decision of the appropriate court in this matter
In view of the Bar Council of India, Legal Education Rules 2008, University Grants Commission Act and Regulations, decision of the Hon'ble Supreme Court of India, the applicants who have obtained +2 higher secondary pass certificate after prosecuting studies in distance or correspondence method shall also be considered as eligible for admission in the five year integrated programme. However, the applicants who have obtained 10+2 through open universities system directly without having any basic qualifications for prosecuting such studies are not eligible for admission in the integrated five year programme.
LL.M. - One Year Course:
LL.M. is offered in Constitutional & Administrative Law, Commerce & Corporate Law, Criminal & Security Law, Science, Technology & Law, Legal Pedagogy & Research.
- A candidate should have successfully passed, three years LL.B after graduation or five years Integrated Law Degree Programme as recognized by the Bar Council of India. Candidate should not have less than 55% marks in aggregate in the qualifying degree.
- Those who have appeared in aforementioned exam and waiting for the result can also apply. However, admission will be subject to the fulfillment of eligibility criteria at the time of admission.
Doctoral Programme (Ph.D.):
- The candidates holding Master Degree or equivalent with 55% or equivalent grade from the recognized University will be considered eligible for registration for the Degree of Doctor of Philosophy in the relevant Programme.
B.A. LL.B. (Hons.), B.Com. LL.B. (Hons.):
- Admission shall be based on the inter se All India merit rank of CLAT 2015.
- The candidates are compulsorily required to appear in the Common Law Admission Test (CLAT) 2015.
- Candidates are also required to fill in the application form of the Institute of Law, Nirma University (ILNU) in addition to the CLAT 2015 form.
- Admission under NRI/NRI Sponsored category will be considered only based on the inter se All India merit rank of CLAT 2015.
- Admission under FN/PIO/CIWGC-SEA categories, either CLAT 2015 or LSAT score will be preferred. Under these categories, the admission will be processed and finalized by the Nirma University.
Admission will be based on the inter se All India merit rank of P.G. Common Law Admission Test (PG-CLAT), 2015. The preference will be given to the candidates who have appeared in the PG-CLAT 2015. However subject to the availability of the seats, non PG-CLAT candidates may be given admission on the basis of All India PG ILNU Entrance Test. The date and syllabus of All India PG ILNU Entrance Test will be notified.
Candidates, who intend to register for Ph.D. have to apply in a prescribed proforma. On the receipt of applications, an entrance test will be conducted for the eligible candidates irrespective of number of applications received, which will be followed by an interview by a committee consisting of the Dean, Faculty of Doctoral Studies & Research, Dean of the faculty concerned, Head of the Department(s) and a domain expert.
The component weightage of the selection will be as under, while making the selection.
- Weightage for Entrance Test: 35%
- Weightage for Personal Interview: 65%
- Sub component weightage in Personal Interview shall be as under:
- Literature Survey 35%
- Innovation in Research 20%
- Discussion 10%
- The candidate who does not meet with 50% of total assessment score will not be considered for admissions. The candidate who obtains 50% and above will be considered on merits based on number of vacancies available.
Provided however that the candidates who have passed the National Level Test like UGC / CSIR (JRF) examination / NET / SLET / GATE / teacher fellowship holder, M.Phil etc or its equivalent shall be exempted from appearing in the test and they will be considered deemed to have earned 35% score in the written test.
Mode of Application:
There is only one mode of application, i.e., ONLINE. The online application is available on the website and the same can be accessed by a candidate by registering self by creating a LOGIN ACCOUNT. Only those candidates who fulfill the above eligibility criteria can apply as the software will automatically reject the ineligible application. Therefore, please read carefully the guidelines before filling up the application.
Mode of payment (Form Processing fee):
- Candidate applying under General category will have to remit Rs.2000/- through Online.
- The payment shall be remitted by Credit Card/Debit Card or Net Banking.
- Admission Prospectus can be downloaded from the website www.nirmauni.ac.in/ILNU
- Candidates who have applied, along with the prescribed fees, to the Institute (through Online) will get the Prospectus of the Institute by post.
- Candidates can access and submit the application Online till 26th May, 2015.
- The Online application will effectively be closed by 12:00PM (Midnight) on 26th May, 2015 and the Institute shall not be responsible for any delay/technical fault for filling up the online form on the last day. Therefore, aspiring candidates are requested to fill-up the Online form well in advance to avoid last minute rush.
- No Online/Offline communication shall be entertained after closing the Online application (i.e., after 26th May, 2015).
Important Dates (Tentative):
Commencement of accessibility/submission of Online application forms
11th March, 2015
Last date for submission of filled-up application forms
26th May, 2015
The Admission Officer
Institute of Law, Nirma University,
Sarkhej-Gandhinagar Road, Ahmedabad - 382 481,
Phone: 02717-241900-04 / 02717-241911-15 extension: 815/803/804