Fourth GNLU Certificate Course on Law & Economics 2015
Law & Economics Committee at Gujarat National Law University is pleased to organize the Fourth GNLU Certificate Course on Law & Economics, 2015.
Date: 6th - 13th March, 2015
Venue: GNLU Campus, Koba, Gandhinagar.
The course is a weeklong exchange, from 6th March to 13th March, 2015. Arrangement for residence during the period will be provided at the GNLU Campus, Koba, Gandhinagar.
The previous editions have provided insights into subjects ranging from Contract Law and Economics to Corporate Law, Competition Law, Intellectual Property Rights, Property Law, Law of Torts and Criminal Law (with special reference to anti-rape law in light of the recent Delhi gang rape incident) and their study with the help of precise economic parameters.
Due to the fortunate timing of the International Conference that follows the Certificate Course, this edition promises to be an even more enriching affair conducted by experts from across the Globe
Who Should Apply?
We invite scholars and students pursuing graduate or post graduate studies. Students in their fourth or fifth year of integrated course in law will be preferred. Professionals in the field of policy making are also encouraged to participate.
Applicants must have sufficient command of the English language to complete the required readings and participate in rigorous classroom discussion. All courses and materials will be offered in English without translation.
2015 Subject Units:
- Economic Analysis of Corporate Law
- Economic Analysis of Competition Law
- Economic Analysis of Property Laws
- Economic Analysis of Patents Law
- Economic Analysis of Crime
- Economic Analysis of Tort Law
- Economic Analysis of Contract Law
How to Apply:
- Applications should be made online at http://goo.gl/forms/Uxo5cbr5HQ
- The applicants must provide a Statement of Expression outlining their previous experience in the field and present research interest.
- The course has a capacity for 60 participants and the application process would be closed on receiving the first 60 eligible candidates. Therefore, we suggest you apply well in time
Cost & Lodging:
The Course Fees for participants are as follows:
- GNLU Student: Rs. 8000/-
- Other Student: Rs. 10,000/-
- Academician/ NGO's: Rs. 14,000/-
- Professional: Rs. 19,000/-
Participants will be housed in the modern GNLU on Campus housing in Koba, Gandinagar from 5th - 13th March, 2015, which is conveniently located near the law school. Meals will be included and will be served at the breakfast hall at the Campus.
- Non-AC, Double-Occupancy rooms: Rs. 4000/-
- Course Fees for Foreign Participants: USD$ 850 (inclusive of accommodation costs)
The last date for applying is 10th February, 2015
Ms. Rumani Sheth
Coordinator, 4th Certificate Course on Law and Economics
Gujarat National Law University
Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org